Sleeping Dragon look to your kingdoms, i am coming for them all
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When the wolves of Sleeping Dragon were more or less gathered, the commander began to address them. Wildfire's heartbeat quickened as the Heda explained Gyda's exit from leadership and introduced the children by name. Her lips twitched as she thought of them, her racing pulse calming somewhat. Then Thuringwethil moved on with her speech, inevitably approaching the subject of Wildfire's own promotion, and her heart leaped into her throat again as she unwittingly held her breath.

It gusted out of her when the Heda paused and one of the wolves—Lagertha, I think?—promptly stood and walked away. Although the yearling supposed the Alpha had opened the floor to such actions, Wildfire still found it distasteful if not outright disrespectful. Her jaw clenched, amber eyes following Gavriel as he immediately dogged the deserter's footsteps. Wildfire didn't know the woman nearly well enough to understand her abrupt and rude departure, though she remembered the foreign exchange between Gyda and Lagertha. Perhaps she could not swear the same allegiance to the pack's remaining Alpha, in which case: good riddance.

Wildfire shifted, red fur prickling very subtly, and looked to Thuringwethil reassuringly. She bobbed her snout, smiling a bit weakly as she mouthed, I'm still here. She also shrugged in Lagertha's general direction as if to say, Oh, well. Thuringwethi didn't want anyone but the most loyal and dedicated wolves occupying the ranks of Drageda, surely, so with Lagertha gone, that made room for someone more worthy of the spot. And as far as Wildfire could tell, the pack rarely stayed below capacity for long.
Messages In This Thread
RE: look to your kingdoms, i am coming for them all - by Wildfire - July 18, 2016, 09:54 AM