The Sentinels castle on a cloud
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Private 

Rannoch’s healing had not only been physical, it had been mental as well. He had been given much time to think about his perceptions and such thoughts had given him a distraction from the pain he felt. He noticed, with the help of the lake, that his pain had gone down significantly. He was basically back to his old self at this point and knew that his time within the forest was coming to an end.

He walked with barely any limp that morning as the pair pulled themselves from the den. The golden glow of Autumn was just rising, blanketing the earth in a false sense of warmth. “What are we doing today?” he asked as they pulled themselves towards the depths of the forest.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the lake, once again, deirdre responded with a smile. deirdre had not known him before, but the boys spirit seemed lighter and rannoch himself seemed to have more of an open minded. they continued their deep discussions, and the boy listened well. deirdre remained understanding to his situation and forced none of her perspectives upon him, but when he asked for her thoughts she readily supplied them. deirdre was a fair woman, and remained so. rannoch easily found his place in deirdre's heart; she adored him, and found she wished he did not have to go so soon. but watching him move, she knew it was time; his injury, at this point, was gone. he limped, still, but deirdre knew this was due to fear. it was not said, however--deirdre kept the belief to herself, knowing that this would be something he would soon discover. together they moved to the lake, which they had slept nearby; it was not so far away from them that they would be walking for very long.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
He nodded, knowing that their walk to their destination would be brief. But, this did not stop Rannoch for expressing what he felt on that particular morning. “Do you think Skellige hates me?” He thought most likely would seem random to the queen, but it had been a thought that had occupied him through most of the night. “For mistreating him?” He clarified, watching the pale woman carefully.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre need not think of her response to him, though was truly surprised by the question. it was for this reason that her response was not immediate, but her gaze softened as she turned her head to regard him. no, i know that he does not, she murmured, he may even understand. deirdre felt no need to ask if rannoch hated skellige any longer; that he worried for the leviathan's hate was an answer to her. that he cared to know, she believed, meant that the hate in his heart had been erased.

what is on your mind, rannoch? unburden yourself to me, she invited, pausing in their trek. the mist kissed at their ankles, the birds stared watchfully with their dark eyes. she moved to brush his cheek with her muzzle, her affection toward him something she longer withheld. she cared for skellige's chosen prince a great deal, and hated so to see any in such torment!
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
He could feel the dam within his mind weakening as she offered her ears. Soon enough, if he willed it so, Rannoch would raise the floodgates and allow his thoughts to come tumbling out. But, he tried to be strong in that moment.

“I’m afraid to go back to him,” he admitted quietly. Rannoch did not often speak of his fear, but it was too great of a feeling to handle on his own. He needed the crutch that was Deirdre more than ever. “After how I treated him…” He trailed, thinking of the way that he treated a handful of his new packmates. He frowned in the moment, ashamed of what he had done.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre frowned as he spoke of his concerns. you need not fear, deirdre hummed to him, his actions had the consequence of your irate behavior. he should not have taken you as he had, deirdre relented--though she had spoken with him, and had told him that at length before as well. nonetheless, he has. and your mind is opened, now! the rest of this story is a blank slate in which you will imprint things upon, it is up to you, was what she wanted to say. be kind to others always, rannoch, if you can help it. have courage, and be kind, she nosed him once more, waiting to see how he might respond to this.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
“Have courage and be kind.”

If there was anything that Rannoch would hold close to his heart it was these words. He didn’t say much to what she offered and fell quiet as he felt a heaviness lift from his being. It was as if he had let go of his grief in the moment and, eventually, his pace became more sprightly. So sprightly that he didn’t even limp.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
they had resumed to move, and she noted the change in his step, though spoke nothing of it. her eyes smiled, and her lips curled upward at the observation, but otherwise she was composed and collected. they arrived to the lake, then, and once the queen was ankle deep she moved to splash water toward him with her muzzle. new beginnings were cause for celebration, and it seemed he was beginning to accept his newfound place.
M NOT DNE JUST CHANGIN MY POST COUNT SCREECH
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
He followed easily after her, his tail whipping as water was splashed in his direction. He charged forward then, without another thought, and reared before her. Crashing down heavily, Rannoch attempted to send a wave of water in her direction. It was as he landed that his eyes widened in surprise as he landed and he looked to his shoulder, marveling at the lack of pain that he felt. After a pause, he turned to Deirdre with the same expression as if to say-- did you see that?! No pain!!
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
he reacted with every ounce of himself--heart, spirit, body--and deirdre grinned as she lept aside, laughing triumphantly. not for her avoidance of his assault, which had not been so successful as she was assailed with some of the water he sent forth, but for his healing! his look caused her eyes to grow bright as she lunged forward in the water to splash him again, before escaping the clutches of the lake and beginning a wild, graceful dash into her forest. there was no question as to if he would follow--not on this day, not anymore!
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Something within him had been revitalized and Rannoch took the opportunity to embrace the feeling. Deirdre was quick to avoid the blow and dash off into the nearby woods. Quickly as he could, Rannoch gathered himself and sped off after her, his tail whipping wildly as he loudly bounded after her.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
it was no mystery she was being chased and, though deirdre could move so swiftly through these woods that it might appear as though her paws did not once touch the earth, she moved at a pace that would accomodate his recovery. still, she kept herself out of reach in this game; deirdre was swift, and the forest seemed to move with her in a way that a labyrinth could. the path seemed clear until it might not! but deirdre knew the maze of donnelaith, knew it as no other but one born to it ever would. all of her days had been spent in these woods, and nothing in this world, even death!, would cause her to depart it! one ear remained ever-backward, perpetually listening for her pursuer, and now and then laughing sweetly to encourage him to run still!
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
His gallop was kept at a moderate pace as he pursued the witch. Though he did not know much of the woods that she lead, the child kept her in sight to the best of his ability, weaving as she did. The forest flashed around them as they both continued the chase. He was growing ever-tired by it all, more fatigued with every step he took, he managed to usher between breaths: “I’m … gonna…. get you!”
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre laughed at his panting words, her heart filled with such joy! in knowing he was tired, she slowed; the forest woodnymph knew she would not be captured by any, here, unless she willed it so. deirdre wanted to bolster his confidence, make him feel strong and renewed--his loss of this small game would not aid in her endeavor, and so deirdre's own gait altered. they could rest, and speak more, if he wished it--or simply sleep on a portion of her forests dappled floor, where his wet furs could be warmed by the few traces of sunlight that penetrated her wood in this area alone.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
There was hope! Soon enough, just after he had ushered his tired words into the open, the queen began to slow. Once he was close enough, Rannoch also slowed until he fell into pace alongside the porcelain woman. Bringing his head to her shoulder, Rannoched nudged her before offering a satisfied, “Gotcha”. He did not care that she had slowed, or that she had let him win. All that mattered was that they were together again.

“What now?” he asked as he pulled back from shoulder to look at her.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
his question was answered simply enough: what is it you would like to do? it would not be his last day in donnelaith, for she was certain skellige would permit his return in due time, but deirdre understood that in the days to come he would begin his training with the king of thorns as she would attend to her own lands. deirdre adored rannoch, and wished for him to be happy! in the difficult trials he may face, she hoped he would always look upon his time here and feel renewed.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
When faced with Deirdre’s question, Rannoch found himself conflicted. There was so much he wanted to say in that instant-- so much that his heart wished for-- and yet he fell silent in his inner turmoil. Shaking himself after a moment, Rannoch replied. “Breakfast, maybe?” he asked, pushing away his desires in favor of some food.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the healer nodded toward his suggestion and moved forward into donnelaith's deeper depths. together, beneath the tangle of the trees, they would hunt many a small critter to sate their hunger. only once he was satisfied did deirdre hunt for herself. the duo spent the rest of their day together, until she would need to return him to donnelaith.