Nocturne Summit Skyfall
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She remembered being here with Charon on their astronomy lesson and now again she found herself with her gaze searching the night sky above.  She'd probably end up falling asleep in this terrian.  For a few moments her eyes dashed across the sky in search of the little and big dippers, when she found them a smile spread across her muzzle.  It was amazing how well the sky could create such pictures if you really looked hard enough.

For a moment she was tempted to howl for Charon to see him again, but it was so late and she was also well aware that he had pups to take care of now after their last encounter, so she decided not to bother him.  None the less, she lowered herself to her haunches and searched the sky curiously.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
With careful steps, Nanook climbed the mount. Moonlight bathed the snow, but unlike the daytime sun, the glow offered no heat to temper the cold. Thankfully, Nanook's fur had thickened with the turn of the season, and she'd entered the winter with experience on her side: the Apaata had survived the season once, and though the odds still stacked against her, she was determined to survive the beast again. The fear that she wouldn't drove her. But tonight, Nanook let this fear sink to the recesses of her mind. The clarity of the sky beckoned her heavenward, and with the stars in sight, she climbed.

Her breath curled around her muzzle in foggy clouds as she approached a vantage point on the side of the summit. She came here often to survey the stars, a constant source of wonder for the sylph, though she knew so little about them. Yet tonight, it seemed another had the same idea. She thought of turning around when she deciphered the silhouette from the inky sky, but instead she approached the other, intrigued by her presence. "Do you watch the stars, too?" she asked. Her voice scratched from her throat, quiet and stale from lack of use.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She turned at the sound of a voice, her attention turning away from the beautiful stars she had been watching.  The female that stood by her now, had gorgeous copper eyes that seemed to shine through the darkness, along with a nice greyscaled pelt.  Normally she was cautious of others, but when it came to topics that she loved such as the night sky she was more than open to talk about it.

"Yea, I've always loved stargazing, it seems to let you let go of everything... you don't think of your problems, just of the stars up above us and they sure are bright tonight from this great view."  For a moment she paused.  "Do you normally come up here to stargaze?"
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook appraised the other. The moon, with his host above, provided just enough light for the girl to discern a rough composition of her company: brown, with a splash of white that stretched from her jaw to the middle mark of her neck. Yet the Apaata was not concerned with the other's fur, but with the language they displayed when they turned to face to her. If she sensed any tension, Nanook would sink back into the shadows and disappear to another part of the mountain until the newcomer had gone. But instead, the girl found an openness from her company, lacking in hostility, so Nanook remained.

Her company had many words, and Nanook was surprised at how much the brown one's affinity for the stars sprung from reasons much like her own. She pondered this, and tipped her head, glancing again at the sky. "Yes," she said, an agreement both to the brown one's perspective, and to the question aimed at her. "I like to find stories in them." Nanook didn't know a lot about the stars, but in her isolation she'd studied them, and had seen how some formed patterns and shapes, and how all moved across the sky in a continual dance. There was something of a mystery to the host that Nanook wanted to break. Yet at the same time, she secretly wished she would never solve their secrets, for it was this mystery that held her wonder.
I'll do better
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She found herself wondering what stories of the stars the greyscale female knew.  Were her stories true or something made up like she guessed Charon's unforgettable tale of the eyes of Thjazi was?

"I'm curious, do you create these stories from your own mind?"  She asked the female curiously, her eyes now flicking back to the stars to this time study the constellation that Charon had told her about, even though it wasn't even a real constellation, Raven's Arrow and the dragon that was being shot at.

354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook's lips formed a thin line at the girl's question, and she brooded with a tip of her head. Her stories came from the need to make sense of the memories she had. The faded days of childhood, why her parent's union had crumbled. The stories she made through the stars helped her, mostly, and other times they simply served to return her to reality when her mind began to waver from the isolation of the wild.

"Usually they're real." Nanook concluded, and elaborated no further. The stories were her own, and while she loved hearing the tales of others, the thought of sharing the thoughts so personal to her made the sylph uncomfortable. Besides, the brown girl's question was one that Nanook wished to linger on. "But isn't every story made up by someone's mind, at least in part?" There must have been a reason the girl had inquired this, and Nanook was not content to abandon the answer to silence.
I'll do better
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
What the female said made her give a nod, for although she preferred truth a little more over excuses of how when it came to astronomy, she didn't mind listening to what others thought, for normally it could easily be entertaining.

"Could you tell me one of your stories," she asked curiously, her eyes curiously wafting through the night sky.  If the other didn't want to she understood, for afterall they were just strangers... but if perhaps they did wish to tell a story, Odette would love to hear it.