Duskfire Glacier it's time I put down my devices and I start to live my life
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Read Only 
The mountain towered before her. The compact snow, nestled in the crags of the highest peaks, glowed with brilliance beneath the waning rays of the sun. But the mountain stood lackluster against the wakened sky. Nanook traced the night, and squared herself on the steady presence of Polaris, who guarded the realm high above the mountaintop, and charted a course through the rolling lands below. A myriad of scents spoke of the ones who travelled this brisk and northern land, a number she now joined. The north star had led her here.

And the north star would continue to lead her, far from this land marred with the ghosts of the ones who haunted her still. She had once sought to restore them - her brother, her sisters, her father; she had once tried to bring the world back to what it had been at first. Yet these days now lingered like a fading taste in her mouth, and the hope to restore her family did not move her any more.

These lands were bitter to her now, and the northern sky compelled her to run. And so she ran. Away from the Wilds, and from the memories retained within them - her mistakes, her failures, every regret. Yet while grief welled in her chest, she did not strike her course as before. She did not know where her end would be, but the northern sky danced around Polaris, alive with the colours of life. She would never be Polaris, that steady, constant north, but Nanook ran, hoping, at least, to join the dance.

- exit Nanook -
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better