starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
@Malice? :D

As the sun was beginning to fall Charon climbed to Nocturne Summit. Now that the pups were growing a bit older he felt more confident leaving them in the care of his older daughters and didn't have to stay around the den all the time anymore. It'd been a while since Charon had been at Nocturne Summit, so it was high time he visit the smaller peak beside his own mountain.

As he found a nice ledge from which he could oversee the valleys below and the skies too Charon sat down. The sun was beginning to fall and the first signs of pinks and oranges lit up the skies. He smiled as he watched, waiting for the rest of the show to unfold.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Of course it was not an issue that Burke was still alive and kicking - she treasured every precious moment she could spent with him. What it did cause was her refusal to go beyond the Caldera's borders, for every moment could be her lover's last. Still, he was doing exceptionally well and today was such a beautiful day (or should she say evening? honestly, the passage of time was not something she kept mental track of most of the time) that she simply had to go and see what was on those high peaks. She made sure she was not going towards Blackfeather Woods and arrived near the foot of the mountain as the sun was setting.

Perfect! She could watch the stars from up high again! She hadn't done it in what felt like ages, while really it had only been a year or so since her last moments on the mountains. She went from ridge to ridge, climb to climb, until she somewhat settled just a bit below Charon. She did not notice him; too enchanted by the fading pinks, purples and light blues - not to mention the approaching darkness Avalon so loved.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
When another wolf settled on the ledge below him, Charon glanced down. He didn't recognise the wolf and contemplated going down to greet her, but was soon once more distracted by the beautiful sunset in the sky. Somehow company wasn't a necessity, but it still felt like he was sharing this with someone else in some way or another.

Among the oranges, reds and pinks in the sky the stars were beginning to shimmer, ever so slightly. He couldn't make out any constellations yet, but it seemed like every moment he looked over a patch of sky, more stars were appearing. The outline of the moon was present too and he watched on, the other wolf mostly forgotten again as he watched the day turn into night.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She did not know what was bugging her. It felt as if someone was near, but all she could think of was her mother or Avalon being with her at this perfect moment. To try and see beyond the peaks of the mountain behind her, she bent her head nearly upon her back. A flicker of white - a pelt shifting under the colours and shimmers above - caught her attention. She snapped her head back and turned. Then it came to her; she was on the mountain Ame had pointed to! Moonspear must be near. Who did she know from there? Ame and... She was sure the revengeful man had called himself Charon.

Are you from Moonspear? She called rather calmly, knowing that they were not a dangerous bunch. It seemed only if you had done them wrong they'd come for you.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was blissfully unaware of anyone being near, simply enjoying the stars and drawing constellations in his mind, engulfed in the moment of quietude that he had sought. It wasn't until a voice sounded that he was taken from his moment and he directed his gaze down. He didn't instantly find the source of the voice, looked around a few seconds 'til his eyes fell on her. Then he realised she had asked a question — asked him a question. "Yes," he answered, looking down at her, though not making moves to leave his position. "Who wants to know?" He didn't recognise her from before here in the dark, as the time he had met her earlier he'd been vengeful and angry and engulfed by his emotions.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her suspicions were proven right by the bleak male of which the voice sounded familiar. Could it really be him? Her impeccable memory had some flaws too and she simply couldn't be sure if this was the guy she had spoken to before. Absinthe. She answered, just in case this really was Charon and he remembered her fake name. She frowned up at him. Have we met before?
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Unlike his companion, Charon's memory wasn't always that great. He'd been in great distress when they'd last met, so he didn't remember at all who he was facing. She introduced herself and he returned, "Charon Ostrega." The way she asked her next question made it sound like she knew who he was, but he still hadn't a clue. "Don't think so." Charon didn't sound too sure, but it was clear from the way he answered that he really didn't remember ever meeting her before. He just wasn't sure if he was the one who was wrong or if she was about it.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It came as a shock to her that she had been right; at least, she thought she was. She didn't know how many had been named Charon, nor did his last name ring a bell. Usually her focus was on the first. At the peak, no one paid attention to their last names except her family, and distancing herself from them was what she'd been doing ever since she entered the Teekon. I'm afraid we have, Charon. She said with a smile. Over the mountains in a forest - you were looking for someone who had wronged you? She questioned.
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
He didn't really like the way she spoke his name, as if he hadn't just told it to her. Even if they had met before, she'd obviously forgotten his name too, and anyway, the way he looked was a lot more memorable than hers, as far as Charon was concerned. He didn't think much of forgetting her — he'd met a lot of wolves and had probably forgotten about at least half of them.

He did remember going to a forest over the mountains. The biggest reason that he remembered was that he hadn't gone there that often, so the times he had were more or less memorable. He'd gone there when he and Aria'd looked for Floki... And he had gone there when he had been looking for Lazarus.

"Of course," he said, still looking down the ledge as he spoke to her; "I was looking for Lazarus at the time." He'd been angry, and truthfully he still didn't really remember Absinthe or anything about their interaction... But he remembered being there and looking for Lazarus. "We found him in the end." He'd been dead by then, luckily. Another short pause while he wondered out loud, "You live in the area?" He didn't remember if they'd spoke of it then. He stayed in place, though wondered idly to himself if he should get up and join her.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She truly hoped Charon had settled down since then - perhaps that he had given up on his revengeful chase, but alas; her prayers had not been answered. All she could do now was hope the two of them had not suffered worse than the crime that had sparked it all. I do now. She answered casually as her eyes flickered to the ground for a moment. Our home had fallen, and so we moved elsewhere. But, alas, the water got poisoned and we were forced to relocate once again. She explained, wondering if she would spark unnecessary and unwanted sympathy. We live at Redhawk Caldera now. You've heard of it?
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't think anything of her lack of response to his mention of Lazarus. It was a happy ending, after all. He was soon distracted by her stories of relocation, though. Ears fell back in sympathy when she mentioned losing her home twice; he'd only lost Stavanger Bay, but to something much greater and better.

When he heard she was now in Redhawk Caldera he narrowed his eyes briefly as he continued to look at her. Well, he supposed the Caldera could only get better with wolves like her, though he hadn't been there since leadership had turned so he had no idea who the new leaders really were. "Sorry to hear that." Short pause. "Are the new leaders any good?" He vaguely remembered that Sassafras wolf had mentioned something about the new leaders. Peregrine was dead, that much he remembered, but he knew nothing of the newest leaders.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It's alright. She quickly responded, not wanting Charon to offer emotional support or anything. She didn't need it; she had Burke and the night sky to cry with. The moonspear fella was just there to chat with on this lovely evening. She wondered then; how were things at their spear? Peaceful? A mess? Was it rude to ask? They're okay - don't speak to them much but they're not forcing religions on us, drag us into wars and they don't have weird rules. She shrugged lightly, honestly not having much to complain about.

How is it at Moonspear? She had to make plans for after Burke's death and finding a new pack to belong to was one of her priorities when the time came. Moonspear was her first pick since she had already met Ame and Charon and one of her best friends had come from that mountain.
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was a bit puzzled about Absinthe's mentions of religions, rules and wars — the latter was the only thing he could make any imagination of. As far as he knew, Redhawk Caldera hadn't had any weird religions or rules ever. Just weird leaders. "Hmm," he rumbled in response, considering that maybe he should meet the Caldera's new leaders soon (unaware that he already knew one of them).

"Things are well," he said with a smile. "Me and Ame had four daughters last year, they're healthy and grown now and contributing to the pack well. This year Ame gave birth to two daughters and a son, and they're doing well. Pack was small through winter, but numbers are looking good now." He hoped coming winter would be like their first, with a full pack and not much problems with food. But if they'd retain these numbers for at least a couple more months they could stock up, at least, and hopefully live through winter well.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Ah. She responded softly - excitedly. You guys have pups! I'm happy to hear Ame is doing well also - it's been about a year since I saw her. She commented happily with dreamy eyes thinking back to the old days. Ame had been nice, and her mate was no different it seemed. Moonspear really sounded like a pack she had always wanted to start herself with a mating pair at the top and lots of bonds. Yes, she was certain that after Burke's passing she would try and find a place among them if they were still around. For now, she could focus on befriending them.

My mate is old and we've discussed many times where I am to go after his time is up... Would it be alright if I showed up at your borders when the time comes? The Caldera is no place for me. She asked quietly and sadly, finding it a bit embarrassing to ask such a thing.
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon could talk about his pups for hours so when Absinthe was excited about this fact he could not help but feel pleased. He was glad Ame had some friends going around, even if they hadn't spoken in a long time. Before fully realising he extended an invitation: "You should visit us sometime." Then she could see the pups, when they were a bit older. Only at the borders, perhaps, though it sounded from her next words that was a 'for now...' kind of thing.

He smiled when she said she might want to move to Moonspear after her mate had passed. "A friend of Ame's is a friend of mine. You'd be welcome." A bit preemptive, perhaps, as he had no idea what Ame's bonds were with Absinthe, but it felt right. And it wasn't like Charon had ever had any problem with coming back to his words should things turn out differently, anyway.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Though she had not desired puppies when she was together with that piece of junk that had called himself alpha in HER hollow, as soon as Burke had given her a pair of boys they had become a desirable thing to her. She missed her boys immensely but they had gone out to explore the world for themselves. If they were ready to come home, Malice knew they would find her again. Perhaps not easily, but still. I should probably update Ame about my namesake first - she knows me as Malice. I wonder if she remembers me... She didn't doubt the alpha female's abilities, but Malice had probably not been a stunning memory. They had chatted, told about their homes, but not much more. Now she wished she had taken some more time getting to know her. But I definitely will. She added quickly, not wanting to turn down Charon's generous offer.

I promise not to be a burden - already settled upon my two trades. I'm mostly a fighter, but, as you can see, the stars are my map and I know a thing or two about healing. My mate is a mentor and I've picked up some perks from him, I think. She informed quietly, not wanting it to seem like she was bragging. She just wanted to make clear she could pull her weight if she were to join and didn't just deserve a spot because she was friends with the alphas.
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon thought it a little weird that she had changed her name; it reminded him of Jorunn and his weird penchant for changing his name all the time. But he didn't say much of it except for a nod and a surprisingly polite, "I'm sure she'll remember." It was out before he knew it. He didn't even know why he'd said it. Charon never said anything just to be polite. Must mean that he meant it, or whatever.

She went on to explain her positive traits almost like this was an actual interview for her to get into the pack or not. Charon figured he'd just see how things went when she came knocking to his door, but he didn't think there'd be much trouble. She seemed healthy and like she knew what she wanted from life, settled on her trades... She'd probably do just fine. "How are you with pups?" he asked, even though he was already convinced she'd do well, really. "We usually have a litter each year." He sourly thought of how he had once hoped they'd have two one year — Floki and Pyx's, he'd once thought possible, but Floki was gone so long now that Charon figured he was long dead — but he wasn't sure if he'd ever trust another so much to give them that shot.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
As much as she liked to believe Charon, their interaction had been short and though it had been a pleasant one, she really wasn't sure if Ame would remember her. Even her trademark scar had been after their meeting. But Malice hadn't forgotten about her - perhaps because Moonspear would be the place she belonged to after her adventures with Burke. Fate had a way of remembering. I hope so. She let out with a sincere smile.

The question brought a smile to her face; though she hadn't wanted them in the beginning, having them with Burke had been one of her best decisions. Sure, the timing had been atrocious and they almost drowned a few times, but Pyro and Vassago were her pride and joy. No matter where they were, they would forever be her little boys. I had two myself, though they're grown and exploring the world now. They didn't die on me so I guess I cared for them pretty well. She chuckled jokingly.
~Adopt Avalon!~

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was glad to hear she had mothered pups herself, as it meant that she knew well enough how to care for pups. He smiled and shared, "That's nice." Charon glanced up at the stars and realised he wouldn't be getting much more star-gazing in. He should return home shortly. "I should head home to the family." Charon looked down from his ledge at Absinthe. "It was nice meeting you... Ehr, again, Absinthe. Have a good night." And unless she would share any more than parting words, Charon would leave and vanish into the night, back to Moonspear.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It had been a hectic time, being pregnant of her two boys and all of it after, but it was time well-spent. Being a mother was one of her best qualities - redeeming, even, of her dark past. Though Charon's words were short, they felt sincere and she, too, felt that the conversation had come to its end. She smiled when he seemed to notice as well, glancing up to him with a grin. Same to you, Charon - I wish your family and pack well. She had never been fond of parting words - they felt like a chapter had ended and she was ready to turn in. Burke was probably worried again, she hadn't told of her little stargazing trip. Even as Charon's form disappeared did she feel as if she lay protected there by Moonspear, and she stayed around for a few more minutes before retreating to the Caldera herself.
~Adopt Avalon!~