Blackfeather Woods i have brought nations to their knees
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Private 
for @Astrid!

It is a scruffy thing, Kahl thinks as he looks down upon the scrawny rabbit he has managed to take down and kill — all by himself. His upper lip lifts as his glacial gaze narrows into a glare of unrestrained disdain. It is pathetic looking …and yet, yet he cannot help but be proud of it nevertheless. It was his first kill. He had came across it’s scent before the sun had broken through the canopy of the umbra woods and he’d tracked it, stalked it and took it down, snuffing out it’s life after a small tussle. It is no regal ungulate, of course, but it is a start. He grasps the corpse by the neck and hauls it to the den he shares with Nyx and Neo. His approach slows as he nears the den and he drops it to his paws, salmon pink tongue stained with blood darting out to draw across his lips in an attempt to clean the blood from his muzzle. He has missed spots, of course, but the stain of blood does not perturb him. “Nyx?” He calls for The Speaker, unsure if she would even still be in the den or not. Regardless, the tundrian has caught it to present to her …because she is always feeding him …and because his motives are not entirely unselfish: he seeks to earn her favor, to impress her. He will impress her with his physical prowess in a fight (and eventually the hunt)…one day to prove that he is the superior son in all ways, but for now this meager thing is all he can offer her.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

She had noted Kahlil's absence but did not worry for his safety; the woods were dangerous, but she had explained thoroughly why he simply mustn't go to the deadliest places of all. Whatever he did with her advice was his own responsibility. Sending her wards in the right way was required for now, but they had to grow up sooner or later, and she would not allow them to be lazy because she had nurtured them too much. Her ears flopped the side at the sound of her wards' call, lifting her head from the lying position she had been in.

Yes? She answered in an inviting tone, wondering already as to what had gone really wrong, or really right.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Kahlil is not left waiting long before Nyx appears, melting out of the shadows and taking form before him as if she is truly the goddess of night as her name would suggest. Except, she didn’t melt out of the shadows so much as she lifted her head, giving away her position and he is embarrassed he did not notice the white freckles that set her apart as distinctly marked. His soon-to-be silvered mane puffs slightly with vainglorious pride as she calls to him in an inviting tone. “I caught you breakfast,” He announces to her, honeyed voice of boyhood that yet conceals the deep, husky rasp of whisky steeped in smoke he will boast as an adult breaks the silence of the serenity that has settled between them and rings as sheepish. Not shy, nor uncertain. He is not as humbled as he perhaps should be and not lacking in self confidence. He only seeks her approval and is hesitant on whether she would offer it to him or not simply because, in reality, he does not know her well. “it’s not much but I thought you might appreciate some breakfast in bed.” He offers a cheeky little twist of his lips, glacial gaze taking in her expression for a moment before his gaze drops down to his catch. He picks it up betwixt his jaws and pads over to her, presenting it to her as he lays it carefully upon the ground with a gentleness that will not befit him very soon and nudges the scruffy and scraggily rabbit corpse towards her before he takes a step back to admire his handiwork again. Eagerly, his gaze rises to her once more not wanting to miss her reaction to his first (successful) hunt on his own.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Never before had she been offered breakfast - especially not in the morning as she was still cuddled up in the bedding of her den. It was a pleasant surprise, one that did not pass her as trying too hard. A quick thought went to poisoning but that was quickly swept away with a wave of her speckled tail. Kahlil had been lost and hungry upon founding and it was not within his nature, she found, to poison his saviour. All by yourself? She asked impressed as a mother would. The little ward had done more effort for her than most had done in her life and it was deeply appreciated.

She watched him enter his new home, his scrawny yet very own catch swaying from his mouth and placed near her. Her mismatched eyes were wide and her smile proud and strangely thankful. She did not know how to react to such kindness since it had never been presented to her. This is perhaps the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. She said quietly, now knowing that stealing her two wards had been one of her very best decisions. You might make a fine hunter one day. She cooed, sniffling over the catch just to be sure.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i have been awake for 14+ hours now so i sincerely apologize if this post is utter poop and/or makes no sense. xD

Well I certainly didn’t ask Neo for help, he thought a bit callously but chirped with a wag of his tail: “All by myself.” to confirm with a cheeky grin tugging at the edges of his lips and a vainglorious puff of his (becoming) maned chest. He is proud of his efforts even if his prize isn’t, admittedly, all that impressive looking. It is still a catch and one that he had gotten all on his own, and there wasn’t anything that could take that from him. Kahl gives a soft cant of his head, ears fluttering back smoothly to rest at half mast atop his skull as he contemplates her words and the rise of commiseration in his chest as he regards her with glacial irises usually frigid and apathetic. Nyx, of course, the young warlord is not indifferent to; but she is of a rare few. “Bringing you breakfast is the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for you?” Kahl inquired though mostly as rhetoric for she has already stated as much and he believes her. “Then perhaps the company you keep does not truly care for you.” Kahl deduces simply, with a curl of his lips because it angers him that no one took care of Nyx — even if it was as simple as offering her breakfast in bed. Kindness and Kahl do not go hand in hand by any measure of the imagination and while he may becoming apathetic and domineering he is not without a heart. Nyx holds this affection from the soturi because of what she has done for him and Kahl does not forget his debts owed.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She smiled, a rare one of meaning, before nodding proudly. I am glad your first hunt was a success. She was glowing as much as him then for she had not have to order him around to work in his skills. He had done this himself, no command neccesary, and it was this kind of ambition she sought from her wards. Whenever they needed help, they could ask, but not before they tried themselves. She had taught herself mostly everything and look how she had turned out; strong, independent and even the right paw of her beloved Dark Master.

It was embarassing to hear the truth about the company she kept, but not after realizing she almost kept no company at all. Barely anyone talked to their speaker, Damien was usually busy and not the kind of guy to go out of his way to show his appreciation, and then there were her wards. Damn, she had to get some friends before she turned into some weird babyhorder. It is my fault, too. She admitted. I am not good at... friendly interactions.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
last post for me and khal. feel free to post once more or archive as is. :-)

Nyx is proud of him, he can see it written in her smile — as to which he thinks is the first time he’s ever seen her smile. It is nice, he thinks. She says it is her fault too, and perhaps, he thinks, she is correct in that but it also sounds like a bit of an excuse to him. The wolves she does keep in her company could afford to show her a small smidgen of kindness once in a while; but he reminds himself that kindness likely has no place in this abysmal, soul sucking Woods. Or perhaps the supposed “Gods” they worship forbid anything of the sort. It is true, the Soturi is growing to become frigidly apathetic (he was never meant to be a kind natured beast anyway) but he finds the longer he is here the less he agrees with their ways. There is a difference between being apathetic and being well …whatever they were. The dead that mark their borders is unnecessary. Killing should be a necessity — not murder for the sake of sport or decoration; and he struggles to believe in anything that he can not physically see, feel or have any real proof of existence. And he finds himself mulling more and more over Miraak’s talk of when his usefulness ran out that he’d be killed. Not their choice to make. Even if there were such things as gods they were not the brotherhood. The brotherhood were wolves like any other: they could bleed and they could die.

The soturi’s expression darkened and his glacial gaze is distant and he only realizes it after a long moment staring at the start-lit pattern on her coat, as if it had hypnotized him. He gives a slight shake of his head and offers her a sheepish, cheeky grin to (hopefully) dispel any worries she might have had. “I’m going to go see what else I can hunt, maybe help out with the caches.” He tells her, to dismiss himself. “Enjoy your breakfast, Nyx.” He speaks over his shoulder with a quirk of the left side of his mouth in a partially charming, partially devilish smirk before he goes back into the heart of the woods, keeping true to his word: he scents a fresh fox trail and follows it with eagerness using the task as distraction from treacherous thoughts that have consumed him lately.