Stone Circle i thought i was dreaming but some girls are screaming
take me back to the night we met
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
All Welcome 
aurelia's first astronomer thread !
- also this observation reflects on aurelia's future mood + behavior ; it is described more detailed in her profile
last orders - nothing but thieves

It was when the sun was long gone and the stars adorned the sky that the golden brown agouti beauty found herself waking up. Usually Aurelia would give herself permission to sleep during the  late morning and afternoon, when all other wolves were more active, so she could wake after sunset, when things were more interesting.

Though her messed up sleeping cycle could make others think she was just a lazy thing that was dozing while all others were up and working, the Lockhart was as much as a hardworker as anyone else. She stayed up all night, past sunrise until noon when she would again curl up with heavy eyelids.
She preferred to be awake during the night, she found the dark welcoming and fun, plus as an aspiring astronomer it was at night that she could do her observations. 

Like she was doing right now.
With her head pointing upwards and her yellow eyes darting from side to side as if she were reading a map, Aurelia stood silently under the pale moonlight. The first thing she noted was the scarcity of stars; as opposed to other nights where it seemed there was no room for another tiny speck, tonight's sky was almost bare, naked even.
Aurelia hummed in thought, her lips curling into a small frown. 

"lonely star,
naked nightsky,
pale moonlight that
omens an upcoming fight
near or far
tell me, is the solitude gonna break my heart?"
she crooned, her ears flattening against her skull. 
Things were not looking so well tonight.
i had all and then most of you,
some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
I have wanted to snipe this thread for so long, but for some reason never did ;_; Hello fellow star-looker!

One of the curious things about the newest recruits was how some took to the night. Nanook had grown used to being alone in the darker hours when her packmates turned to retire with the sun. The night had been her own, a time when she could run with the stars and the bright dancing lights of the heavens and, when she had first joined Easthollow, these hours had been her life. But as the daylight demanded more of her, she slipped into the night less often. Desna needed her with the children, and she had given up the stars for them, a sacrifice she would gladly make again.

But as the pups grew, and required less of her, she returned to the night as a refuge from the busy happenings of the day. The dark felt good around her, a cloak and protection, and she set off across the meadow with a romp. The crisp winter air sharpened her thoughts and buzzed her with an energy she seldom felt in the day. Her breath puffed in silent, snaking clouds, and she inclined her ears to everything and nothing in particular, until a nearby voice reached her.

Nanook turned her path inward with a mind abuzz. She recognized only a silhouette cut against the night. No foreign scents swarmed her, and the Apaata couldn't decipher the soft uttering, the sound of a song. She paused a respectable distance away and thought of leaving the woman to herself. Instead, she tipped her head, and curiosity bade her ask, "Who are you speaking with?"
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better