Heron Lake Plateau They kiss on the ring, I carry the crown.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku was still murmuring the name, thinking the one beside him to be her. "I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have left" he repeated as they went along. Ahead was some shade and no doubt would be the place for him to rest under, to clear his mind.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Gently, she deposited him in the shade.  Her blood was pulsing in her ears and she was near panic.  She should leave him here, she should run so she couldn't be linked to whatever was happening —

but she couldn't leave him behind.  Fuck, she murmured so quiet he wouldn't hear, before laying down beside him and waiting for his... episode to end.  You're here now, hey, you're here with me.  You're good.  Was this helping???? Probably not.  Ugh.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He was probably shaking by now as the other got beside him. He was trying to relax but it was tough. Seeing how he had left her stuck with him for a long time. He was very broken. "Not okay, not okay. Left her, left her behind. Had to, had to." He gave a shaky exhale, trying to calm. Slowly it was working. Too slowly.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Damn right, he was moving too slowly.  She was trying desperately not to lose her patience, say fuck it, and leave.  Instead she moved closer, cleared her throat, and remained silent.  Maybe talking wasn't helping.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku caught sight of the fiery fur, and to him it looked so familiar. He found himself suddenly putting his face against her shoulder, crying for her. "I never should have left you, I never should have left you! Please, I'm sorry!" He repeated his apology to her, but it wasn't to Fire. It was to whom he was seeing instead.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

He reminded her of some of the wolves she'd seen who had witnessed trauma so severe they were just.. fucked up.  She pitied him, and in that moment, she understood him.  It's okay, baby.  She didn't know anything about Nevouku's previous mate, she didn't know if she was even helping, but she couldn't let him suffer.  It's okay.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku felt his calming breaths, now he felt as if he was hearing her voice. Telling him it was all okay. He slowed his breathing, still not realizing this wasn't her. That it wasn't his lost mate as he rested his face against her. Whining now, he felt pitiful acting like this. "I'm sorry I left you...but you're back..."
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

She didn't want to break his delusion because that seemed unnecessarily cruel, but she also kind of wasn't really cool with this dude schmoozing up on her, either.  She put her chin on top of his head and rumbled.

It's okay.  She couldn't lie to him.  It's okay.  But she couldn't tell him the truth, either.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku felt peaceful now. He had calmed. His mate was here. By his side. He sighed happily, as he would have back then when she lived. And then he pulled back, his eyes fluttering...and he realized the big mistake. And just stared, but he was over the episode. His stare was filled with awkwardness, and he had no idea what had gone by except that he had had an episode, and there was something to do with his mate. "I...uh..."
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

He seemed to be back to normal now.  She didn't know what to do, so she sat in a dumb silence, her mouth opening and closing while she tried to find... some words for him.  

Ultimately they failed her.  She got up and took a few unsure steps away, and if Nevouku didn't ask for more, she would make her escape.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku scuffed a paw along the ground. He felt embarassed now, as he began to realize, minus the hallucinating. He knew he had done something, just not what. "I uh...I'm g-going to go" he said, then started off. He had to go, before he embarassed himself further. And no doubt would never know what he had seen.