The Sunspire i am gonna make it through this year if it kills me
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
All Welcome 
backdated to... uh... we'll figure it out. making the assumption that del heard what happened already, will edit if needed!

when the boys vanished from the vale, delight secretly, selfishly felt relieved. he'd had no connection to them than a vague obligation borne of not wanting to see children die in the cold. really, they'd creeped him out a lot, and they were probably old enough to take care of themselves nice and far away from his borders.

but then he'd thought about it, and then he'd found out what they'd actually gone and done, and his anxiety kicked in. that rannoch hasn't come busting down his doors the androgyne takes as a good sign for pack relations, but still -- he's gotta be responsible for them, he's gotta make himself accountable. like a man walking to his own execution delight makes his way to sunspire, alone -- he'd thought about taking queenie with him as his right hand wolf, but ... the blame for this falls squarely on his slim shoulders. 

at the borders he calls for @Rannoch, looking about as miserable about the whole affair as he feels.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch promptly replied to Delight's summons with a howl of his own— I'm on my way. Word of Ramsay and Euron's trespassing had quickly reached him, and despite the gravity of the situation, he did not blame Delight for the folly of the adolescent wolves. With all of this in mind, and with the message sent to Delight, Rannoch ventured in the direction of where the Vale's leader waited. 

Although it had taken him some time to arrive, as he had been near the heart of his territory, Rannoch greeted Delight with a boof, as he stalked forward on stiff legs. 

"Delight," he greeted formally once he stopped in front of the downtrodden Morwinyon. "Please, come in. Let's get some food, and talk this over a rabbit or two." If there was something that Rannoch had learned in his tenure as a leader, it was to never discuss matters on an empty stomach.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

delight smiles weakly, hoping his anxiety doesn't show in his face (it is written all over it). he feels like a misbehaving kid getting called in to speak with the principal. he doesn't say anything, just "sure thing," deferring to rannoch's authority. the idea of dragging this out longer than necessary does not appeal but he's not about to suggest anything else less rannoch decide to end this whole charade of good faith and fucking murder him slash break their alliance slash... god, who knows.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
There was a cache nearby, and Rannoch excused himself momentarily to retrieve something for them to share. He returned with a delicacy; a goose dangled from his jaws, and he placed it in front of Delight and nudged it towards him. "It's not quite what I was expecting to be on the menu," he mused, "But it'll do." 

"I give you this goose in good faith," Rannoch assured Delight and met his gaze.  "I do fault you for the actions of the wolves that trespassed on my lands. You have been a philanthropic neighbor, and have respected our boundaries thus far." He sat then and motioned for Delight to do the same.

"Are we on the same page?" Rannoch asked, his expression serious as he studied Delight. "Or are you here to tell me I am wrong?" Despite his stoic expression, mirth danced in his eyes.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

in an alternate timeline, delight thinks, where he met rannoch before mato, he definitely would have been in love with rannoch instead. as it is, that isn't the case, but damn, he's got a schoolboy crush. "t-thanks," he manages, clears his throat, repeats, "thank you, uhm. we're on the same page." 

he looks at the goose and blushes. "but, still, allow me to, umformally apologise for them." just because he thinks he'll explode if he doesn't get to, embarrassed and ashamed as he feels. and he's pretty sure (mostly) rannoch isn't about to murder him (although lbr at this point delight would totally let him.)
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch was relieved to hear that they were both on the same page— at least, in regards to the relationship between their respective packs. "I'm glad," he replied with a smile, "I really like you and your wolves, and I didn't want two teenaged boys to sour it." Rannoch paused then and shrugged. "Especially when I felt confident that they didn't speak for you." After all, Rannoch had been an angsty-teenager once. 

When Delight extended his condolences, Rannoch nodded in response. "I appreciate you coming to me in person. Your apology is accepted, and my wolves will be reminded that the wolves of Tindome are our friends." 
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he's so glad rannoch gets it that he even manages a smile and tail-wag, feeling some of the weight he's been carrying lift off his shoulders. "cool," the morwinyon says -- a touch shy -- and laughs nervously. "i really appreciate it," he says, scuffing at the ground, a bit chuffed. "of course, tindómë feels the same way towards your wolves too."
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
With an agreement settled between both packs, Rannoch feels inclined to catch up with the Morwinyon and see how Tindómë has been faring. The two men spent some time discussing their respective updates. In time, when both men were satisfied, Delight went on his way with the goose in tow.