Heron Lake Plateau I left my pride and stepped inside a bar
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
It was ok that she assumed he was doing this for Towhee.... but he really wasn't.  Remembering the way she'd come at him had almost discouraged him from agreeing, honestly... but others of the pack obviously communicated this way, and he wasn't willing to be out of the loop.  

But he didnt bother correcting, not wanting to seem ungrateful for the help, because maybe a part of him did hope eventually he could get along with Raven's sister.  He watched closely as she displayed some words, attempting to follow.

A lot of it clicked.  He couldn't remember it all, of course... it would take practice for the movements and recall to be as smooth as her own.  But when she finished, he nodded, and repeated a few of the ones he'd remembered back.  "Like this? Raven is talking to me.". He made the leap to assume a point at himself meant me, like I had raven gesturing to herself.  He couldn't imagine the nuance it would take to form some more conceptual words... but he was enjoying it so far.

Then she brought up a name sign, and he shrugged.  "What isn't taken?  Is there a sign for Colt?"  His name was a creature after all, but likely not one they saw around here.  He didn't want to label himself something they used elsewise though, and didn't much mind how he was referred to.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I left my pride and stepped inside a bar - by Colt RIP - June 08, 2018, 02:43 PM