Deepwood Weald i feel the weather change, i hear the river say your name
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Private 
And when she has finished speaking with Raven she runs until her feet are raw and tired, breath coming to her in ragged gasps.  She wanted to leave, she wanted to find @Siarut and tell him she was sorry for choosing her family, but she couldn't.  She didn't know where he had gone and she didn't want to find him and uproot whatever life he had built for himself, whatever healing he had done.  

Which meant she only had one tie left in this part of the wood, and one she did not know well — @Dirge.  She rallied, spent a while on the outskirts of the weald trying to keep her composure, and once she had steeled herself adequately she howled for him.
ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
A distant call roused him from a sunbeam patch where he had flattened ferns in an undignified heap. His head had lifted sharply, perplexed at all the questions that arose from it; it was a surprise that anyone would call for him here, let alone at all. It wasn't Nyx trying to rally him or locate him, though she seemed to prefer a veiled approach to snatch him off guard (and how well she did that). His feet were beneath him before he had full awareness, and he set off hazily and leisure towards the fringes of the wood.

Who he found there in wakefulness was not who he expected, though Ceara was not an unwelcome sight. Her fiery coat jumped out from the summery foliage and he regarded her composure moments before he emerged to be seen in full. An offered wave of his tail set his mood and a wry smile crossed his countenance toothily.

"Afraid of getting lost and need a guide again?"
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She'd intended on leaving.  She didn't want to go back to that stupid Plateau where nobody except Raven loved her, and Raven didn't love her in the way she wanted to be.  But when Dirge came close, it became real.  She couldn't do that to Raven, she couldn't even do that to Colt.

Figure if you're claimin' the territory I can't just go traipsin' about anymore.  He smelled like women.  A lot of women.  There scents intertwined, some weak and some much stronger.  It kind of made her excited and it kind of made her sick.  If she were in better mood, she might've commented about his harem.

Anyway, just comin' to check up on you.  You're not too terribly close to us, but.  You know.

She hung around for a while before she probably kind of abruptly excused herself and hightailed it back home.  

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in