Stone Circle Abandon all your logic and put your money on it
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera's smile turned more awkward as Brynn was going on how fast she was as well and how strategy was most important in hunting. I was only joking....... But her expression soon turned to interest when Brynn mentioned hunting a deer with her, "Deer doesn't sound too bad, I think it would be fun, Its been forever if not ever since I hunted with someone else," Vespera smiled a little, but the sound of hunting a bull elk with more than two made her anxiety rush a little, then she changed her glance towards where they were going. As the two were traveling, Vespera couldn't help but notice the way Brynn was brushing herself on the tree and leaving distinct marks on the ground with her paws. The female gave a little laughing snort to herself and looked away before the female could notice, must be marking the territory, usually wolves do it by the... how should I say, scent marking with their... never mind, I don't know why i'm thinking about or laughing at her strategy. They stopped near a creek when Brynn explained to her about fishing, Vespera's mind felt cheeky so she decided to try and prove herself and catch a fish. She gave a nod to Brynn as acknowledge to her advice about the water temperature and trotted right up to the stream with her tail high and her stride elegant as possible. Vespera didn't have much experience with fishing as no one had taught her how, but she had an idea on how to do it. The young female lowered her body to the ground and smoothly slithered up to the bay of the stream with her paws even on the ground and trying her best to make as little noise as possible. Within seconds she reached the bay with her ears pinned and her eyes looming in the water, luck was on her side when she saw a few fish, some small some large. She couldn't help but lick her chops as she waited for the moment to strike, I'll show you strategy! She thought boastfully to herself, however this thought would cloud her timing, and she saw the one she had eyes on, a large one, was getting away. Vespera's eyes flashed as she lunged forward head first into the stream. The other fish scattered to quickly that they avoided her snapping jaws, but her head remained in the water as she desperately wanted to catch one but of no avail. Vespera was starting to loose oxygen and she felt her lungs screaming but she proceeded, she felt her vision get blurry and her jaws getting tired when something with a smooth texture pass her tongue, she water no time and finally snatched it and she tossed her head up with her chest heaving for air. Her nose flared as she was catching her breath, but when she noticed that she felt the same smoothness in her mouth she realized she had caught the fish. Her face lit up with what little strength she had left as she turned to Brynn and plopped the flopping fish on the ground, "See.... thats... one.... way... on how.. to catch...one," with each word came with heaving but she was proud. However her triumph would only last seconds for she had left her catch unguarded as it flopped back into the stream before Vespera could react. Vespera only noticed at the last second when she heard the water slightly splash, and it was gone. Vespera's jaw dropped and her tongue lolled out in exhaustion, and her pride suddenly flushed and she sat on the ground with a thump of defeat and her head hanging low, "Aw..." Was the only thing that could come out of her exhausted body.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Abandon all your logic and put your money on it - by Vespera - September 21, 2018, 09:40 PM