Sleeping Dragon well, he talks like an angel but he looks like me
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
if only she would say that out loud. if only she'd say that. not once had terance ever insulted her. he'd done nothing but love her-- and here she was, feeling like the victim. he had never meant to hurt her. he never had wronged her. would never. 

she stood and stared, taking a single step back. silent. 

he could've choked on his own words. everything he wanted to say to her was coming up at once, piling in his throat. he had to fight not the vomit them all up. terance was not one to throw insults blindly-- he would never throw the first stone. that was not who he was. he processed his own thoughts-- best he could, and continued.

"i'm sorry that i couldn't come with you," he said to her, taking a heavy breath, "i'm sorry that i didn't say more when you left-- i didn't know how. i loved you, ocean eyes-- i love you still-- i couldn't believe you were leaving-- that you would leave me. after all we talked about-- all i did for us." he hesitated to continue, his brow furrowing. 

"all i did-- was-- that-- was--" he fell over his words, and took a moment to stop and collect himself, "was i wrong? did i think i was doing more than i was? i patrolled day and night-- to keep our kids safe. to keep you safe. i'm sorry-- if that wasn't what you wanted. i didn't know what else to do." his head fell, his gaze dropping with it. it shook, ears flattening. "i don't understand-- i'm sorry i couldn't make you stay."

"i'm sorry i couldn't be more for you." his head raised as he spoke, but it tilted gently to one side-- he expected an answer from her, but who knows if she'd give him anything. if his sad, broken words would come off too brash for the delicate, sand-coated wolf before him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: well, he talks like an angel but he looks like me - by Terance - October 28, 2018, 02:20 PM