Coconut Grove Midnight driving til my eyes give up
200 Posts
Ooc —
He smiled through Govinda's strangely spoken words, understanding only khush as a sort of nickname for himself. The words had a sort of halting lilt to them and their exotic sounds were arresting. He wished he could understand them or even speak them himself, but he knew it wasn't meant to be. It would take years of learning now that his mind was older and less malleable. Perhaps if Xan had been more than just a name in his life, Lucas would have learned his grandfather's tongue when he was young, but his mother and his aunt knew only the common language, so that was all he'd been taught.

Govinda's musing had an entrancing quality, like a particularly interesting lecturer capable of bringing those who listened to new heights. He couldn't say he believed that bones had spirits without proof of it, but he had enough of an imagination to wonder what that would be like. How eerie. Imagine chewing on a deer femur only for it to begin screaming in agony. Or licking the remains from a rabbit rib and hearing the chittering sound of it. He moved forward to inspect a long bone as well, but he smelled only salt and sensed no present. Not that he could even if he wanted to. If spirits did exist, Lucas wasn't very sensitive to them.

"I hope not," he admitted with a light shiver as he pulled back from the rib. "That'd be sort of creepy." Contemplating the skull lying several yards away, he asked, "do you want to do anything with these, or just leave them here?" He kind of doubted either of them could lift a lot of the bones if they tried but it was worth asking in case they were lighter than they appeared. There were some shards here and there and smaller pieces they could manage though.
Messages In This Thread
Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 19, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 20, 2018, 10:05 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 23, 2018, 02:43 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 23, 2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 24, 2018, 03:10 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 25, 2018, 02:12 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 25, 2018, 10:34 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - December 02, 2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - December 05, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - December 06, 2018, 08:16 PM