Phoenix Maplewood I am soaring skyward just to tumble home
i want more berries, and that warm summer feeling
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
Joining 
Kasatka had set off after Aditya when he did not return, and thus, had missed the departure of Chaiyya and several others. She'd gotten lost along the way, and had found her way back to Round Valley before eventually making the trek back to Morningside, where she knew she would have been missed.

When she got to the borders, she gave a brief howl before seeing herself in. It felt good to be back under the maple boughs, even if they were barren and grey this time of year. It didn't really matter what her surroundings looked like as long as she was back with her family. Kasatka had missed Sunny especially during her stay in Round Valley, but she wanted to see all her cousins and the rest of the pack as well.
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona had spent a few days tending to her aching body. She even wandered out of Morningside to take a moment to herself, but had come in contact with another. While she felt her body eased on the tension, it still felt pained at times, and travelled to her head. Sore body, she thought, from overworking, she knew, but didn't care. So she continued onward with a usual routine, patrol, hunt, patrol, hunt. If so needed, take requests on what others have.

Though on this patrol her long ears had caught wind of the howl, and so set forth to follow it. She didn't recognize the howl, but when Desdemona saw the figure, she recognized the wolf. The two did not spend too many moments together, but she knew of this wolf who introduced herself to the stoic female many moons ago; Kasatka. She did not know what happened to the fae before her, only that she disappeared like many others, once Morningside was leaderless.

While not showing it, she was pleased that one had returned after the hardship, and gave a nod of greeting toward her, "Welcome back." Desdemona said, in her usual emotionless tone.
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
Kasatka, all long limbs and knobby joints at seven months old, no longer had to rear back to nuzzle cheeks. When Desdemona apeared, Kasatka came alongside her in a friendly embrace. "Glad to be back," she replied, her voice warm. "How is everyone? Did Adi return?"

This was what she was most anxious about. She hadn't been able to find him on her trek, and she was so very worried that something might've happened to him. She'd shoulder the weight of her father's death because she knew she had been verily blessed, but with all that had happened to them, she wasn't sure she could take it if something were to happen to Aditya.

But life would go on, she knew. If nothing else, she could count on that.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The days had grown colder and his worry had grown stronger, concerned that he would be unable to provide for everyone for the whole winter. Most of Morningside had seemed to fade away, the scents growing somewhat stale. He wondered if the fire and Aditya's absence had done more damage than originally thought. All of these worries vanished when a howl went up on the borders, the young voice of his sister instantly recognisable. Joy surged through him, lighting him up as he headed forward unfortunately arriving late due to being halfway across the opposite end of the woods. When he arrived he grinned, nodding to Desdemona and rushing at Kasatka. He whined softly and went to embrace her, so damn glad that she had come home. "Kitten! Welcome home." the relief in his voice was strong and obvious and so he didn't make stuff too awkward and mushy he backed off with a beaming smile.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She could only bluntly give the truth, "He has not." Desdemona did not continue forth with the details to be shared, as another approached the two from afar. She gave the greeting back toward Sunny, as he rushed toward Kasatka with the nickname of 'Kitten,' and gave a hug of comfort toward her. She was not aware of the family dynamics, and only assumed it was a close relationship, as most of Morningside held. Her jades watched the two in silence, as they held a warm reunion.
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
Her spirits plummeted when she heard that there had been no sign of Aditya. The wagging of her tail stilled for a moment, and her breath caught in her throat almost as if she was going to cry - but before she could either swallow the emotions back or let them loose, the arrival of her brother distracted her. 

"Sunny!" she greeted, accepting his embrace with much enthusiastic wiggling. When he drew away, she followed after, pressing herself up under his chin in order to soak up all the love that she'd missed while she was away. "I went to look for Adi, but I got lost," she explained, feeling as though she deserved a scolding for being gone so long but still holding out hope that Sunny wouldn't give her one.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny placed a few warm kisses to the top of her head, closing his eyes and sending up a thank you to whatever for sending his little sister home. He had gotten one thing back despite losing so much and he was so grateful. Then she said where she had gone and he closed his eyes, willing his muscles not to tense up. "Kitten...It's maybe best to let Adi go for now. He...well he did something really bad to Undersea" he said and paused to gauge her reaction before he decided exactly how blunt to be with her about this. She had always seemed to be able to handle things so well but she had also been close to Aditya.

104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
The joy of seeing Sunny was quickly swept away when the news was delivered to her. Kasatka sucked in an uncertain breath, her heart beating unevenly at the very thought. But she was a young wolf, still innocent to the ways of evil despite her tumultuous youth. What could Aditya possibly have done to their costal cousins?

"What did he do?" she asked, deciding to withhold judgement until she knew for certain it had been unforgiveable. She knew Sunny to be a wolf of great compassion, but she also knew that he could be hot-headed at times - he'd been separated from them for this reason in the past.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He heard the sharp inhalation of breath and his ears went back. He felt bad for bringing it up but she had been gone all this time searching for Aditya and nothing had come of it for her. She deserved at least some sort of explanation. He wasn't going to say anything else but when she asked he gave her once more nuzzle to the top of her head and went to sit in front of her, looking at her with a sad expression. "He went to Undersea and for some reason, ended up attacking both Seelie and her mate Stockholm. He did worse damage to Seelie...it makes no sense. He loved Aunt Seelie but she never would have attacked him and neither would Stockholm unless Aditya had done wrong. He left after losing the fight and just...never returned home" he said softly, the anger and confusion and despair all surfacing at once.

He looked down at his paws "He left us to go do that....it just isn't like him so I stopped looking. I had to focus on Morningside and the way he was acting...it just didn't feel safe to go after him and try to bring him back. If he ever comes home he'll be welcomed on the terms that Undersea will be told and we'll figure out a way to fix what he did together. They want to remain allies still at least" he brought her up to date on the whole incident, then fell silent and looked at her. He looked hurt and he was hurt, he simply couldn't understand why Aditya had went and done that.

104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
Kasatka pulled back from her brother at his words. Aditya had done what? Kasatka didn't want to believe it, but she also didn't think her brother would lie about it. But perhaps his information was wrong, or colored by his emotions, or elsewise tempered by exaggerations or untruths.

Whatever the case, Kasatka would believe in Aditya's - not innocence, perhaps, but his goodness - until it was proven false. But, in the meantime, she could not sit idly by.

I'm sorry, Sunny, she said quietly, taking several more steps back. This would break his heart, she knew, but he was here among the remains of their family. Aditya did not have that luxury. I need to find him. And with those parting words, the young shewolf turned and fled.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny opened his mouth to say that she needn't be sorry, that Aditya's actions weren't her fault but then she followed it up with words that made his jaw shut tightly again. He froze and stared at her, time slowing until he missed his chance and she was fleeing from home in search of a man who had broken all their hearts and he feared would only do the same to her. "Kitten wai-" he stood and shouted voice breaking but she had disappeared and all he was left with was her scent and the warmth on his chest fur where she had been snuggled so tightly only seconds ago. He slowly lowered his hindquarters down to the soil again and stared, heart that had been so full and happy now feeling a stinging, aching emptiness. Then, slowly the anger built up again and he growled, the sound vibrating throatily. He would find Aditya someday, when he didn't need to stay so close to Morningside and he could afford to wander away for a few days. He would search for the man who had betrayed family and he would make sure that he didn't do the same thing to his little sister. Standing he looked once more at the spot where kasatka had vanished from and turned, slowly walking back to the den area.

Crying :'( I love Kitten so much. I hope they thread again someday!