King Elk Forest Where'd the love go?
And the world becomes a scattering of stars
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She moped southwards. Dragging her paws unceremoniously. Her spirits crushed and dampened greatly. She didn't know where she was going, just not the Shadewood. Not yet, at least. She felt sad -- not that Phex knew what that was -- and hopeless. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want to desert Cry and Gwen, but the others were not there. They had left. The bear was still there, though. She didn't know how he'd react to her curling up in his den though.
The thought brought a small smile to her face, lightening her mood.

She started to take more notice of the place;  realising she was hopelessly lost.
Well damn.
She huffed, casting about for a note that she'd been here before, but came up empty. 
She started into a soft trot, wondering what was here. She was starting to worry, many scents were passed around here. Some faint, some new.
Was she in danger?

The girl cast her wary gaze about, fearful and alone.
She was alone.
| |
Reach those stars.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Things were quiet and lonely around the creek, the Odolf sisters weren't around and so she decided it was safe enough to sneak out of the borders. She chose the eastern borders where a forest began and hurried away from the Creek, joyous in her freedom and admittedly a little exhilerated by the fact that she was doing something frowned upon. Without having to worry about the eyes of a male watching her she ran through the trees, violet eyes taking in the new scenery around her and almost missing the she wolf. Lilah did a double take and slowed to a stop, studying the female with a nervous expression before noticing how sad she looked. Her gaze softened and she gave a gentle chuff "Hello Miss. Are you alright? You look mighty sad" she asked ears flicking hesitantly.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The girl, taken by surprise, drew a sharp breath and jumped backward. She eyes the woman before realising she was no threat, and it was just her imagination.
Surely the youth wouldn't come to harm here.

"I don't know where my pack are. They left the other forest." She gave a soft smile, trying to lighten her own mood, but knew she was unlikely to find Kai or Arrowbella.  "I just like company, that's all."  Her tail waved softly, happy to at last be talking to someone with kind words. She started forward, sniffing curiously to the girl; wondering where she hailed from.
Her head tilted slightly before speaking again, "My name's Phex, what's yours?" She grinned, hoping to make a good impression on the stranger. 
| |
Reach those stars.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah could understand loneliness, the creek had gotten awfully so ever since everyone vanished. Her eyes softened and it was when the girl moved closer that she felt concerned, the pretty thing was so young probably not more than a year if even that. She allowed the girl to sniff her, her own nose drawing in the other's scent as her tail wagged to show that she was at ease. "I'm Lilah. It's nice to meet you Phex. I'm sorry about your pack, I can't imagine being alone...." she said gently and lowered her hindquarters to the ground. "Do you need somewhere to go? I'm currently staying nearby with some...friends. We're trying to form a pack. Rosings. Females are always appreciated." she offered the woman a chance to find another home. She doubted Grayson would let her stay temporarily but maybe she could work something out with him. After all it was a man's duty to make sure a lady was safe right?
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"You have a beautiful name," she mused quietly, thinking about the woman's next words. She herself hated to be alone and would rather like to be with someone -- even if it were until Cry and Gwen returned.
She nodded quietly, her tail waving softly,  "I'd love to stay with you, at least until my pack returns," possibly false hope, but surely Cry and Gwen would come, "Where do you stay?"

The youth didn't know the area as well as she should, but she would make it her mission to explore as much as possible whilst learning the names and the places. She wanted to know everything that lived in this corner of the territory and then she'd expand her horizons.
| |
Reach those stars.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She ducked her head at the compliment, her fur heating up "Ah well...thank you" she said with a smile. When the female agreed to come with her, Lilah felt a sort of relief but something nagged at her. She was very young, she probably still had quite some time to go until she would be able to provide what the men really wanted which was offspring. Would Grayson allow her to stay anyway? Trying to hide her doubt she used her nose to point over her shoulder "back that way, A creek that runs close by. Our group is called Rosings" she explained."My leader Grayson will be the one to decide but...i'm sure he'll allow you to stay for a while at the most" She truly wished she could try to at least get Phex a place to be safe for winter.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
 She grinned, her mood lightening again. Excitement rose as she realised she'd made a new friend. "I thank you greatly for your hospitality, Lilah." She remembered her manners for once, it was good to try and be calm around strangers until they were used to her presence. 
Cry had given her some advice and she ultimately listened -- after all, he knew best.

"I haven't been this far south yet so I'd love to see what's here first. Why don't you help me look for tracks? I'm sure there are some big animals here." 
She posed the offer to the shyer woman, hoping for her to open up and delve and explore a passion for something. 
Without waiting for an answer, she stuck her head down and started sniffing about and inspecting the bare patches of dirt, hoping to find hoof prints.
| |
Reach those stars.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah nodded still embarrassed and concerned, going over ways to get Grayson to let Phex hang around for a while. Her thoughts were interrupted when the girl asked her to help find some tracks so they could hunt presumably and she balked, ears going back as she fought the desire to say yes. She had loved catching that squirrel, loved eating the food she had worked hard to bring home but it wasn't too good of a thing to do and would be frowned upon. She could imagine the look of scorn on Grayson's face when he saw her dragging back a kill with this stranger. "I...can't. I'm more of a plant scavenging type of girl" she said shifting awkwardly as she watched the other search around. God she wanted to hunt so badly.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The girl tilted her head to Lilah with a mischevious glint; one that promised defiance and free will. She watched her restlessness, wondering what tore her so, but decided to try and find more information for her own studies from the woman.
"Oh, cool! I don't know much about plants so...do you think you can teach me something about them?"  She grinned, hopeful and the light was returning to her features at her newfound friend. 

"I like to study the territories, see. I want to learn everything about them."  Her tail waved softly at her declaration of an aspiring Ecologist, although the declaration was not direct. She herself didn't know how she'd learn everything, but would certainly try to. She couldn't do it alone after all.
| |
Reach those stars.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah's eyes immediately began to sparkle when Phex asked if she could teach her about plants. She nodded eagerly "Each kind of terrain has it's own kind of plants. The creek has lilies and bulbous plants, that means they grow from bulbs instead of seeds. Certain kinds of bulbs are edible like wild onion and garlic though they don't taste that great." she said offering a small piece of information from the top of her head. "There's a lot of plants in each and every area, so you better start learning real quick" she teased the girl.

We can wrap this up if you want, it's pretty old. I'm so sorry for the long wait, been struggling with muse.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
That's fine! I'll leave it to fade here and assume Phex goes back to SWK

The girl listened eagerly, nodding at the information passed to her. She took it on and turned it over in her mind, promising to one day find out about bulbs -- whatever those were -- and to make a collection. 
Yes! A collection. Her eyes lit up -- if such a thing was possible for Phex, seeing as her eyes were always as bright as a spring day --  at the prospect of having a garden in the Shadewood. Would they need certain spots? Multiple gardens?
Maybe she'd surprise Cry and Gwen when they returned -- hopefully with the others.

"I'd love if you could teach me about the plants here, I'd love to make a garden for them at home!" She grinned, inclining her head in an offer to walk and talk. Soon, she'd have to leave and return to the Shadewood, but she'd learn where the Rosings were first. So she could find her friend again and have the location to talk about ambassador-y things of course.
| |
Reach those stars.