Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
injuries obtained: cuts on his right cheek/jaw from Erzulie; large tears on left side of neck from Svalinn
attacks: bite in direction of Erzulie's face; aiming to attack Svalinn's right hindquarter/flank

The world around him blurred in slow motion, his gaze focused only on the black-headed witch whose path he made to intercept. He could not hear the thunder that boomed in the distance, the wind that whipped through the trees, nor the footfalls of his comrades who swiftly followed. Only the hot thrum of blood in his ears to accompany the frantic beat of his young, frightened heart.

Grey-green eyes fixed to the toxic yellow of Caiaphas' own and as he veered closer in attempt to distract the beast on her route to Drageda's leader, another moved to obstruct him. He fixed his sights to the cinnamon wench then, adrenaline soaring as he took note of Silkie's support, and swung his raven-tipped crown to meet her fangs with his own.

Erzulie's bite left its mark on his right cheek, but the pain did not set in at once. Rainwater flushed the fresh wound, streaking his own blood along his jaw and neck, and he clacked his teeth furiously toward whatever part of her he might reach. His haste in reaching her was his first mistake; Dacio did not see the golden bullet come swiftly from the left.

The unexpected force of Svalinn's attack knocked the young warrior to the ground with a surprised yelp. There, he was most vulnerable with two Rusalka devils upon him, and the terror in his eyes was clear as he writhed beneath the other youth's grip on his neck with fearful and gurgling snarl. Everything that followed went by so fast: Blackbear making to obstruct the brown she-devil, a pale figure that wasn't Silkie who buffetted the blonde boy away, and Ephraim coming in from behind the raiders to join the fray.

Dizzy, afraid, angry and with the burn of his war wounds finally kicking in, the ashen youth sucked in a breath and pulled himself onto wibbly limbs at once. Saliva frothing, seething with rage, and with Ephraim distracting the wolf who sought to harm him with an attack of his own, Dacio turned on Svalinn without thought and aimed his bite directly for an exposed flank.

The awful black-crowned cur made another appearance, throwing herself among the group and making to yank Ephraim from the outnumbered golden child. Dacio curled his lip at her, tongue flicking dangerously over bared incisors, though the arrival of others had him following Caiaphas' gaze toward them. He squinted through the rain and looked upon the unmistakable form of his sister, and sheathed his fangs.

The coywolf barked something about what belonged to her, but there was no time to make sense of what she said as she pointed her hideous snout in Ephraim's direction. Dacio remained on edge, lingering with bloodied hackles raised should anyone seek to come at him again, and saw red once more as Caiaphas made a beeline toward Blixen and co. He shot after her, but she was far quicker on her feet than he could ever be, and could only hope that no harm would come to Opalia.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Dacio - December 30, 2018, 03:34 PM