Ankyra Sound i never grew up all at once - i did it one place and another along the way
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
he waited tensely for her, doing his best not to shuffle in place or reflect the nerves that waged war inside of his lean frame. all the while, his eyes scanned the terrain for the familiar figure. all that he could hear was the cry of a lonely gull and the crash of the ocean against the shore. for once, he was grateful that the sea was drowning out the wild thrumming that his heart was likely making. he could feel the beats in his neck – pounding like war drums.

there she was; caiaphas appeared as though she had materialized from the very sand that he stood on. she strolled toward him with a curious expression. the boy wished that he had a stronger relationship with her. perhaps, it would have made his wanting easier to ask for. more than anything, he did not want to disappoint her so soon after having been reentered into her life.

“i want to challenge for beta,” he stated swiftly, in a tone that was far more confident than he felt. the wildling realized that he had provided very little buffer to that, and lowered his head some. internally, he reprimanded himself for his inability to speak to those around him. he had spent far too much of his childhood as a silent observer. to have a conversation of this magnitude was beyond his capability, but he would try – god, he would try.

“i want to be your beta...”