Ankyra Sound bite the lightning and tell me how it tastes
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
thanks for joining <3

His ears flicker slightly at the indication of footsteps padding forth, but does not turn his attention to meet the cause of the sound. No later does he feel a set of eyes settle on him and a particularly interesting question breaks the cold silence. Vaati had never been asked it before by an unwavering voice, one that did not hold the slightest bit of a nervous quiver. It intrigued him. Perhaps it should have, but he did not find it to be a personal matter. The markings broke his skin from head to toe without apology, bearing each as a trophy rather than a sign of weakness. 

His response came in a deep baritone; guttural as if he had spent more time snarling than talking. “War, mostly.” It was the short answer, for much of his life had been spent in some sort of battle or another. “The consequence of making enemies.” Vaati turns to her then with a slight gleam in his eye, wondering what she might make of that. She is quite young, and so he makes the assumption that she has yet not been exposed to such bloodshed their species was prone to. Ithrik, Iliksis, Redhawk, Rannoch, the Cerberus, his own blood; he thinks of their names and the circumstances they had come into his life. They had all brought him harm but left him stronger in the aftermath, and for that, he felt gratitude. The anger still boiled beneath his skin without a doubt -- though it would fuel his next kill, and the one after that and so forth.
Messages In This Thread
bite the lightning and tell me how it tastes - by Vaati - January 18, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: bite the lightning and tell me how it tastes - by Vaati - January 19, 2019, 07:17 PM