Stone Circle When the world starts falling I'll hold on to you
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
Back dated to after Evergreen & @Thistle join EH.

I wonder what bison tastes like, Evergreen says, continuing his rambling and marching through the snow covered Stone Circle. Do you think it'll be like deer? Does it even look like deer? If he thinks about it, a giant deer is basically an elk, right? So a bison has to look different. Evergreen nods to himself, slowing down his pace as he mutters under his breath.

Are you listening, Thsitle? You've been awfully— Evergreen glances over his shoulder. Quiet. The bearish wolf looks over his other shoulder, blinks a few times and turns around. No one is there. Uh.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
In all fairness, Thistle was absolutely listening to her brother and contemplating his questions. She'd never had bison, but she remembered her mother's favorite story involved one. It was sort of like a giant pig, wasn't it? So maybe it tasted like the wild boar Uncle Kaisyn would bring home on rare occasions. Thistle considered these thoughts as she slowly fell behind Evergreen, letting her steps fall slower and slower until she could be certain he wasn't paying attention.

Then she disappeared into the bushes, using her small size to her advantage as she avoided rustling as much as possible while she snuck around to be in front of him. She couldn't completely mask her presence, of course, but Evergreen was thoroughly distracting himself anyway--and her chance came when he finally turned to look at her.

Thistle quickly slipped out of the bushes and settled herself right in front of him, nearly able to bury her head in his chest as she spoke up, a wide grin and lolling tongue betraying her mischief. Of course I'm listening, Lump.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
This— He's about to stutter out her name when he sees a flash in the corner of his vision. Fortunately, they are both new to the pack so Easthollow won't know it was him that just screeched like a banshee. Startled is an understatement. Evergreen's fur floofs up enough that he looks akin to a surprised feline. His ears swerve forward, and he puffs his cheeks once he realizes it is his older sister.

You scared me! The brother accuses; glaring as he tries to calm his heart rate. Of course, no sister of his will get away unpunished. Lifting his right forepaw, he attempts to smack it over her shoulders. Thank you superior height for allowing him such a feat.
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Thistle burst into laughter immediately as her brother puffed up like an offended bird, utterly unrepentant. The sudden paw smacking against her shoulders cut her giggling off abruptly, however, and she stumbled and had to regain her balance after the hit. Thistle looked up, giving her brother a hard stare with distinctly glittering eyes. Her lips began to curl, a smile and snarl all at once. A very clear message conveyed in a single familiar look; it was on.

She tried rearing up onto her back legs, going at him with both front paws. Her weight was laughable compared to his, but she usually tried it anyway. If she could get him on the ground she had a much better advantage; and if pushing didn't work, she wasn't above nipping at his legs.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Of course, no child of Oki's goes down without a fight. The single slap is enough to edge Thistle on. As she tries to rear up, Evergreen attempts to push down on her shoulderblades with his right leg still smacked over them. He lifts his left paw off the ground, and attempts to use it, too, to push on Thistle. 'Not this time, big sister!' Unbeknownst to him, however, it leaves his precious, plump belly and hind legs open for nibbles.
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Now that they were grown, Thistle sometimes thought about forgetting her nickname for her brother. It was affectionate, of course, but it didn't really suit him anymore, did it? Then he did things like balance half his weight on her shoulders, knocking the air out of her--and not even on purpose, she was sure, the brat--and she whined without thinking about it, Lump! Get off. Fortunately, though she has to widen her legs and curve her belly down to squirm out from beneath his paws, stretching to nip at his belly and giving a little jump to try and swat her paws against his left hind leg.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Heheh. Who knew victory tastes sweet? Evergreen is used to his sister winning their play brawls; after all, she is older, wiser and knows him better than he knows himself. The bearish wolf, however, underestimates. He declares his victory all too soon; What, giving up already? Sometimes he is sassy; he learned from the best. Thistle slips forward, squirming under him and it causes Evergreen to lose his balance further. His arms slide across her back until he is forced to lean to the right and touch the ground once more. Her nips clip his skin lightly, and he attempts to lift his left leg away from her.
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Thistle's tail started wagging, tongue lolling out as her brother sassed her--and in the process gave her the opening she needed. She left off nipping at him and crouched, jumping up and trying to angle so that she could topple the larger wolf from his off-balance position, letting out a triumphant bark of her own. Hopefully, it wouldn't prove to be preemptive; she would never live it down from her 'little' brother. She braced her back paws as she pushed upward with her shoulders, twisting awkwardly to lean into his legs.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen realizes his mistake too late. Being so off-kilter makes it easy for Thistle to press into his legs. The bearish wolf goes crashing down onto his right side with a groaned “oof”. A wave of soft, fluffy snow flies up when he lands. His legs flail helplessly, and the brother catches his breath for a moment before he glares briefly up at his sister. He cannot stay angry for long, however, as he bursts into laughter. It’s been some time since they could comfortably play without worry.
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Success! Even as she stumbles and falls into the snow herself, she is pleased with the cloud of white powder that bursts into the air, floating back down on them. She meets her brother's glare with one of her own, giving a wiggle and slapping her paws on the ground. She is absolutely ready for round two; but when Evergreen starts laughing, she can't help but join in. It's like a weight falling from her shoulders; they aren't alone anymore. Maybe things would actually start being okay again.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He feels like nothing else matters in the world; it’s just him and his sister, no worries to be had. They play like children, and it warms his heart. Evergreen laughs loud and joyous. The volume grows as Thistle joins him. He loves her little antics; her wiggles and stomps. “You might have won this time,” he says between his chuckles. “But you won’t win the war!” Evergreen promises, as he always does after their battles.

The bearish wolf gets to his feet, shaking the dusting of snow that covers his brown coat. He gives Thistle a mischievous look, and without missing a beat, attempts to charge at her. This time hoping to make both of them collapse into a heap in the snow.
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
There's snow on the ground and it's cold outside, but Thistle feels warm all over. She had been so wound up for so long; worried about her brother, worried about their past. Most pressingly, she was worried about their future--and now that her concerns could be laid to rest, she could deal with everything else under less pressure. Less pressure excluding the weight of her massive lump of a brother, as he charged at her. Thistle yelped as they crashed into a pile of snow, rolling to nip at whatever bits of him she could reach.

That's what you think, Evergreen, She growled back at him, playful. She didn't actually do anything to get out of the snow or retaliate yet, though; her eyes caught on the flurries thrown into the air by their play, and she paused, a moment of calm settling into her. Then she flailed a paw toward her brother, attempting to plant it in his face.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Thistle took the charge like a champ. Together, the duo fell into a heap in the snow. Evergreen was laughing all the way, feeling free from the world for the first time in a long time. He missed this so much!

This time, he was mindful and tried to keep from squishing Thistle. The bearish wolf settled down, eventually attempting to rest his chin across Thistle with perked ears. Calm seemed to settle on them both, until the roan woman smacked her paw onto his face.

Evergreen closed his green eyes, but made no move to actually shake the paw off; accepting his “defeat” for now. “Do you think Easthollow will become home?” He said, sobering up from glee and thinking seriously once more.
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Victory was sweet. She huffed as her brother's head came to rest across her shoulders, but she wiggled closer rather than away. Thistle closed her eyes, sighing softly. Evergreen's question earned a gentle nudge with her paw and another sigh. I think so. If we make it one. No one else would do it for them, not anymore.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He felt homesick, likely because they were finally comfortable enough that Evergreen could sit and think about what they now were missing. He was grateful for Thistle’s presence; without her, he would be lost.

“Yeah, you’re right.” The bearish wolf snuggled closer, brushing his muzzle into the roan fur of his sister. “We should look for a den.” Of course, Evergreen refused to move himself for a long moment. Eventually, he stood and gave Thistle a big grin, wagging his tail. “Lead the way, Captain.”