Stone Circle Tell me, what do you see?
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Private 
Late morning sun filtered down between the leaves above Thistle as she made her way toward a nearby stream, roan coat turning dappled in the light. Her ears were filled with bird song, keenly tuned to the feathery menace's voices from years of hunting them, but that was not the goal of her outing today.

No; today, she wanted to investigate the water, see how the fish were behaving this time of year, and learn a bit more about the systems of her new home and her place within them. Though the cold season meant much of the activity she was keeping an eye out for would be scarce at best, there were plenty of other ways to find the rhythm of life in Easthollow's territory.

It was unfortunate she had no interest in meteorology, or she might have bothered taking a look at the sky before she left the den she shared with her brother and seen the dark clouds on the horizon.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen, too, was oblivious to the dark clouds over hanging the Valley. Instead, the beast had grew curious at Thistle’s absence when he awoke from his afternoon nap. Ears twitched atop his head, he gave a great yawn before stretching to his feet. He made a show of it, even going so far to flick his left hindleg as the stretch grew to an end.

Shaking his coat, Evergreen sniffed for his sister’s scent. It was easy to keep on her trail, and the brown male decided to keep his pace casual at a nice trot. Excitement started to wind in his muscles only when he recognized the general direction Thistle had traveled. To the River! Fortunately it was easy to spot her, and Evergreen gave a cheerful yip in greeting. His tail wagging, too, of course.

“What are you up to?” He asked, tilting his head slightly to one side.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Thistle was fully absorbed in her task by the time Evergreen showed up, the bearish wolf earning a tail wag of her own as she turned to smile at his appearance. She glanced between him and the rushing waters of the river, shaking herself with a huff.

I thought I'd try and familiarize myself with the Valley the way mom taught us to, She told him, drooping as she continued, I don't think I've got the same knack for it, though. Doesn't help that everything's sleeping, either.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oh, Evergreen exclaimed. It was nice to see his sister trying to get acquainted, as he was attempting to do the same. Part of him was starting to wonder if they "fit", even if their previous conversation showed optimism for Easthollow being their new abode. Yeah, it is... different. The land, the people and pack culture in general. Evergreen did not give himself much time to think about it before. His ears swerved back for a moment.

Spring is around the corner though! Maybe you can calculate the difference between how active prey is during winter and spring? It would be useful to prepare next year. The bearish wolf suggested, tilting his head to the side. Sometimes he had decent ideas, but he was not sure how it would work, if he was to be honest. His eyes flickered to the river before them, remembering his observations with Ira.
Working on wrapping up current threads!