Hushed Willows a swell of smoke arose and filled the air [festival]
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The sea of gathered attendees seemed to swell like the breath of a creature below the surface - some departed into the shade of trees to envelop themselves in story-telling, or private affairs, and some new faces joined the ever-augmenting festival. Soltero was still distracting himself with idly counting each swaying figure, observing how they drifted like leaves carried upon a current; back and forth, back and forth-

Ruenna was there.

The smoky beta almost jumped in surprise as he was met with the hazel pools of her gaze, the silvery streaks of her pelt, the youthful sparkle in her idyllic features. Despite his careful watch upon the scene, he hadn't seen her approach until she was just before his eyes. "I..." he spluttered, but then she had tucked herself beneath his chin, and his breath slipped quietly into the air; he felt the warmth of her embrace and savoured it, feeling a tingle in his stomach. He knew it was wrong to grow attached so fast... perhaps it was unnatural, he couldn't know - the only one he'd been close to was his mother, and Ruenna was the only other wolf he'd uttered a word of his past to. Perhaps this had been what sparked such a sudden flare in his chest, the unforeseen trust he cast into her loving hands.

Any lingering jealousy was quickly tucked away as his lips tucked into a small smile, resting his head carefully atop her crown in a tender greeting. "Hey, Rue." And yet again, she was a breath of fresh air amongst the tense fraughtness of the creek's domain.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Messages In This Thread
RE: a swell of smoke arose and filled the air [festival] - by Soltero - February 25, 2019, 02:34 PM