Hushed Willows I keep an eye on the chamber door
328 Posts
Ooc —
Exhaustion overwhelmed him along with the pain of exertion as he rested under the willows. Adrenaline kept it at bay during his long run from the cliffs to here, but now that he was down, Ephraim wasn't sure he could get up again. His legs felt like jelly, his head and heart pounded, and his vision swam drunkenly in front of him. This was the state Olive found him in, and it might all have been all right if only she hadn't nosed him.

The feeling of a touch to his shoulder make Ephraim's coat spike out as the agitated youth snarled and recoiled. His teeth snapped closed a whisker's breadth from the tip of Olive's nose as he complete a cat-like spin, but she might recognize the dilated pupils and the fear smell peeling off him in waves. He didn't lapse into a flashback completely, but Olive looked like someone else to him at first. Only when he forced himself to take several gulping breaths did his vision steady and he recognized that she was not Bobby or Tirgatao or Antumbra risen from the dead. She was not Caiaphas or the ivory boy Ephraim had gone after in the fray. She was not Eurycrates.

With a stammering breath, Ephraim breathed a frightened, where am I?
Messages In This Thread
I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 05:07 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - March 28, 2019, 09:44 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 03, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 12, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 24, 2019, 10:38 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 28, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 02, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - May 11, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 12, 2019, 03:56 PM