Hushed Willows I keep an eye on the chamber door
328 Posts
Ooc —
He flinched visibly when Olive shouted at him—at least, that's how he perceived it—and flattened himself further to the forest floor. Maybe she knew Drageda. Maybe this pack was an ally. He hadn't heard anything about any allies besides Redhawks, and they ceased to be that when Wildfire left their fold without warning, but that didn't mean it wasn't possible. His heart hammered in his chest and he trembled, hating himself for how weak and cowardly he was, but that was all he had ever been.

He'd been able to front once, but now he was laid bare, and there was no lie that could hide it. But Olive's tone was softer now and he allowed himself to unfold slowly from his fetal position. A sanctuary. That was exactly what he needed, provided they didn't tell the Rusalka or Drageda packs that he was here. Surely they were many miles away, though. They were no longer a concern. That was what he wanted to believe, so for now, he did.

Are you sure? he asked, voice quavering. That was stupid. She wouldn't have said it if she wasn't sure, but Ephraim still needed to hear it. He'd been through a lot. To him it felt like a lot more than it really was, and it was enough to shake his psyche this badly... but really it was just that he was a coward and couldn't handle it.
Messages In This Thread
I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 05:07 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - March 28, 2019, 09:44 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 03, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 12, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 24, 2019, 10:38 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 28, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 02, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - May 11, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 12, 2019, 03:56 PM