Greatwater Lake Peter Pan, that's what they call me
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 

From the Plains, Evergreen starts to wrap back towards "home". It's been days longer than the bear expected to be away from Easthollow, but the journey is spiritual. He needed to get away from everything that reminded him of his sister, Thistle. Yet answers to his ever lingering questions still elude him. Should he stay? Should he leave? What is next for him? He feels so lost.

Evergreen finds himself hungry, however, so he follows the path towards one of the streams he's found in the area. Fish are a comfort food, and easier than hares or birds for the massive wolf to catch. Fortunately that hasn't changed much, even with the loss of eyesight in his right eye. His round ears twitch, flicking forward at the sound of running water. A pleased grin curves across his lips. His memory serves him well in this instance.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau found herself at a stream, her throat felt dry and needed some moisture. Summer was fast approaching as the heat was growing more and more harder on her, the thick winter coat she had developed finally was shedding at long last in brown-and-tan clumps. Licking her dry lips, Cadeau eagerly lowered her head down to take a needy drink from the cool stream.

She lapped with her tongue, pulling her head up when she saw the jetting shapes of fish swimming about. It made her belly rumble at the sight of them, Cadeau enjoyed the soft silky flesh of fish best out of all food. Well, maybe hamburgers were a close first but it wasnt like Cadeau could ever find a hamburger out here ever again. Cadeau narrowed her face in concentration and with quick reflexes dived her head into the water to try grabbing a fish. She felt something catch between her teeth and excited she pulled herself out, eyes shut to keep the water out of her eyes.

"I got one!" Her muffled voice exclaimed to nobody in particular. 

Peeking a brown pupil open she felt her zeal dissipate like mist in the day time when she realized it was just a stick.

Sure fish shaped but... it was a stick.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Apparently he isn't the only one with the plan of fishing. Emerging from the undergrowth, the bearish wolf spots a small brown and tan wolfdog on the edge of the stream. A heartbeat later, she is exclaiming in triumph. Evergreen's ears point towards her, his tail wagging behind him. Another fisher! That's very exciting. This is the first time he's found another fisher in the Wilds. (It makes him wonder if Ira ever tried again after he taught her the basics.)

Alas, Evergreen can't hold in his laughter as he notices it wasn't a fish the girl caught... but a stick! He snaps his jaws close a moment later, realizing she might take it as him laughing at her instead of just finding humor in the situation. Sorry! That was just... unexpected. The bear explains sheepishly. He approaches the water's edge, careful to give the stranger a wide berth. Uh, it's nice to see a fellow fisher around. He adds with a grin.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau spit the stick out with a childish pout, grunting as she watch the not-fish sink back into the water where it came from. She puffed her cheeks out as she examined the stream again in hopes she could find a legitimate fish in its depths. She heard laughter, flustered Cadeau saw a rather beastly wolf standing across the opposite side of the bank. He evidently found her mistake amusing, she looked like a kicked puppy.

"I get that a lot," Cadeau said with a light tone, shaking her head with a smile to show there was no harm done at his humor of her 'fish'. As he expressed he was eager to meet someone who also fished, she couldn't help but quip jokingly. "Do sticks really count though to be considered a fisherwolf?'
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oh? Evergreen amuses with a grin and an arched eyebrow, relaxing somewhat in relief that the woman hadn't taken his laughter the wrong way. The last thing he wants is to insult anyone! Just from their shortinteraction, the bear thinks she must be fun to be around. Too many in Easthollow were Very Serious all the time—not that he disliked that approach, but it's nice to act his age sometimes.

Well, you did fish it out of the river, the bear says, and pauses to glance at the water's surface before his green eyes looked back up to his company. So, yeah, I'd say so. Grin growing broad, Evergreen takes a seat. But, uh, sticks probably don't taste as good. If you want, I can... help? He is here to feast himself, and fishing is such a passion of his that he'd love to share it with someone else.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
"Ha, guess you do got a point there." He seemed nice enough to talk to, Cadeau could see no harm in extending the friendly paw back to the stranger. She gave him a polite and earnest smile, nodding her head. She would very much appreciate the help, besides, she could probably pick up some good advice from someone who knew the trade better than she did. Only recently did she begin to de-rust her hinges as it were to learn hunting again.

"Yeah, I'd rather chew on something that isn't so crunchy," Cadeau agreed, looking longingly at the water in hopes of catching sight of a legitimate juicy fresh fish that wasn't nearly as skinny hard nor brown as her first catch. "I would like some help, sure."
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
So sorry for the super long wait!

Pleased his help is accepted, the bearish wolf stands. At first, he dips his forearms into the chilly water, thankful his thick coat keeps the cold from penetrating all the way through. His movements are slow, calculated to keep the minimal of ripples forming with each graceful glide. Eve is practically made for this, but of course, with his initial intrusion, the fish flee, scattering away from the large wolf that entered their territory.

Patience is key, he says over his shoulder, tail swaying to invite the wolfdog in with him. Once we are in, and find a good spot, if we are still, the fish will get curious and come closer. Rapids and having salmon practically jump eagerly into hungry mouths is easier, but unfortunately not possible this time.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
[Its ok no sweat ~ Sorry for my delay, I've been in a writing slump :"D]

Cadeau hadn't expected to be invited into the water to fish. She wasn't opposed, she didn't have prissy paws like some others and was always up for getting down and dirty. The halfling slithered her way so the stream was up to her elbows and haunches, Cadeau feeling the cool water against her dark brown fur. 

She braced her legs apart to avoid slipping on the wet sand and gravel below, Cadeau casting a curious look at the stranger. "I think its not just the fish that might get curious of you," she mused, Cadeau squinting into the water after to study their reflections and spy about for any fish approaching. "What's your name big fella?" Cadeau asked after, smile polite. "I mean, probably should have asked first but... I'm Cadeau, anyways."
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Sorry for the delay again! Would it be okay to archive this? I'm down for assuming they fish for a bit before parting ways if that works for you as well ❤

Mismatched green eyes widen and the bear arches his eyebrows in surprise. Well, he should've honestly introduced himself sooner! He has the tendency to forget to do so, and it is something he ought to work on. Regardless, he gives Cadeau—as she introduces herself a moment later—a big, friendly grin.

Evergreen. It's nice to meet you, Miss Cadeau! He would chitchat more, but doesn't want to startle the fish further. The sooner they are still and quiet, the sooner they'll have their chances at catching a decent meal. Eve's stomach would surely appreciate a fish or five right now.

Eventually, the fish draw closer, and Eve takes to diving in after them. A couple are quick, but he storms after, and is able to catch one. Puffing proudly, he counts it as a win and turns to see if Cadeau has had any luck. Surely he would give her more tips if watching didn't help.