Stone Circle don't know what you've got till its gone
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female didn't want to leave the male alone for too long in case something could have happened to him, like a bear or even worse, Greyback or Valette finding him before she had a chance to explain. Vespera needed to make this hunt quick, she believed she had the ability to since she caught that rabbit so quickly for Valette before. The dark female stalked around in a not so quiet manner, her paw steps landed with a bit of a louder thud then she intended and she heard some squirrels scurry up the tree truck before she could scent that they were there in the first place. The Easthollow wolf had to find something, maybe a small catch, something that wouldn't require most of her time. She felt as though as she was losing time, she panicked as much as she tried to hold it back, keep cool, nothing will go wrong in the slightest if I don't show him that I am panicking. These thoughts reassured her for the time being, but she knew she had to keep her head in the game for with every step she made away from him, she felt lost in her own worry. Then, she stopped in her tracks, she craned her head up and closed her eyes and inhaled slowly, what am I doing? This is a random stranger, I know nothing of him, Vespera exhaled as she felt relieved thanks to her own thought. However, yet again, she began to think of other possibilities, or I could mess this up and get another stupid pep talk from Greyback! The young female's eyes flashed open as the adrenaline rushed through her veins.

Vespera knew she had to find something fast, she then began to listen to her senses again and thankfully caught a whiff of something. The dark female then slowed down her pace and went into a hunter's crouch and slithered through the trees. The Easthollow wolf caught sight of her prey early on to her relief, a small squirrel, it will have to do, she rolled her eyes to herself. Vespera wasted no time than she already did and began to stalk to the creature, she knew she hunted better alone since big groups gave her anxiety and she was more prone to mess up. She then paused as she watched the small prey clean itself with its paws, and without a seconds thought, she sprang with such speed as she did so with catching Valette's rabbit. With the same tactic, she slammed her paws on its small frame and unlike her unsuccessful attempt at showing off at Brynn when catching a fish, she gave a swift bite to the neck, ending its life. Vespera grasped the creature in her mouth and began sprinting back to where she left the male. Her strides were swift and clean as she bounded through the forest like a deer, and as she began to catch a vision of the clearing, her heart stopped so fast that she almost lost her footing and fell flat on her face. She did manage to slam the breaks on her run and gazed with horror to see that Valette beat her to it, and judging by her body language and tone of voice, she was not happy.

The young female wanted to scream but she felt as though that would be useless since her voice would be muffled by her catch. Vespera then charged head on towards them, she tried to get Valette's attention, but her cries were muffled. The Easthollow wolf swiftly sped by Valette's side and managed to dig her front paws into the dirt, causing her body to turn clockwise towards the two wolves. She stopped herself just beside both the male and Valette, Vespera began to try and reason with Valette, but she forgot she was carrying the squirrel so she yet again was muffled. The young female narrowed her gaze and crossed her eyes to look at what was in her jaws and spat out the squirrel towards the male, she then tried to get the fur off by scrapping her tongue with her teeth before shaking her fur to get the weird feeling out of her mouth. "Hold... Hold on..." she began, though she sounded like she was out of breath, "no need to panic, I... I got this one." Vespera finally was able to catch her breath as her paws started to sprawl out a little, with each heave of her chest, all four of her legs seemed to spread out a little more from beneath her. She managed to crack a somewhat of an assuring glance at Valette, though she had to look up at her since she could only keep her head leveled with her sagging shoulders, "he is no threat, and this is coming from me" that last line had a bit of sarcasm in it "he is really only looking for food." She felt a little sting as she said that since she didn't know how that last line would sit with Valette, Vespera could only gulp to hear what Valette had to say next.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Messages In This Thread
don't know what you've got till its gone - by Tye - May 04, 2019, 09:55 PM
RE: don't know what you've got till its gone - by Vespera - May 14, 2019, 08:42 PM