Mudminnow River Made plans with me and all your friends, I'm late again, I hate to keep you waiting
Loner
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
it seemed less an honest answer and more a way to get him away from her—and that was made clear by the statement that followed. he let his displeasure show only through a stiffening of his shoulders, and then he shrugged once more, less friendly than the previous expression, but still not hostile. naturally, he was getting nowhere.

sure, adi responded, nodding. he began to back away, eyes darting to his peripherals to make sure he wasn't about to snap his ankle in a gopher hole. but, ah, if you want a place for a decent meal, he continued, pausing his steps, there's a pack near a swift-flowing creek, not far from here. they'll take you in as long as you pull your weight. think about it.

offer thus given, he gave her a polite dip of his muzzle. best of luck with the fishing, he murmured, and then he departed, unless she were to stop him. aditya had learned throughout his life that some battles just weren't worth fighting, particularly when they had the ability to spoil an already sour attitude.