Whitefish River On the side of Justice
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
@Basil ( @Liri, @Sindri & @Dulce also welcomed )
Sorry for the delay in starting this!

This is weird.

Probably not something Evergreen would admit aloud unless someone really pressed to know his thoughts, but damn, he never expected to find others like him out here. It grounds him, an anchor that can withstand even the roughest seas. The bearish wolf just, doesn't know what to do when eyes are on him expecting answers.

He does his best anyway. Their little encampment brings him so much joy, especially whenever he catches the others talking amongst themselves. The first of his companions, a white wolf, seems to be doing better, too, though her loss of memory leaves him concerned. With Sindri here now, he's put to ease knowing she'll do anything she can to assist, just as the medic had done for him.

He takes in a deep breath, setting about patrolling their little area for possible threats and fellow travelers. His round ears perk, alerted by a noise ahead and he peers through the undergrowth curiously.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
@Evergreen No problem! I wasn't sure if you forgot or where expecting me to make a thread. I also went kind of poof too cause stuff came up. All good. :3

A nice breeze went over the large grass siding the long winding river that Basil had found yesterday. It seemed to be a mild day today. Better than yesterday. After traveling for quite a while on the search for a little den he retired for the night in a hollow tree near the riverside cause it started to rain rather hard. Now, after finally waking up he decided to explore the surrounding area. It was a nice enough place but Basil was not sure if he should make camp here. After waking up in this unknown land he was unsure on what to do. Usually his father made all the decisions. He was the alpha of his old pack after all. Heh. Old pack. Optimism was a trait that Basil usually has but.....this situation was just too unknown and bizarre, it was hard to think that he will ever return to his family. His brother was the one getting trained to be next alpha and Basil was trained to become a good hunter, so he was unsure on what actions to take right now. Should he just continue walking and hoping to arrive somewhere where the scents and scenery were familiar? Or should he just give up on returning home and try to join a new pack in this area? He did not know so he was just hoping for a miracle every day.

Either way, back to the daily actions. It was time to find food. Basil was only able to get a squirrel the whole day yesterday since he did not know the terrain or most of the creatures yet. Every prey he knows and tried hunting was able to get away from him. Furthermore he did not want to risk an injury so he avoided hunting any other creature he found. Maybe he had more luck fishing in the river close by. Fish were familiar. So his paws carried him down the little hill where his temporary camp was located. Fishing was never his main hunting method but hard times called for a different approach.

"Hmm, let’s see. There seems to be enough fish in here, I should be able to at least get one." the brown foxlike colored male muttered to himself and stepped into the cold water of the river. His limited experience told him that the fish usually avoided the shores so it would be best to try getting them in the deeper parts of the river. He could not go too far in though as this weird contraption on his neck limited his downward neck motion because of its size and weight. Basil had tried time and time again to get it off but it was too sturdy. The male didn't even know what it was doing or if it was dangerous. He just knew that it comes from the pale faces that apparently kidnapped him and released him in this unknown world.

With a short snort he stopped thinking about it and focused back at the task at hand. Getting his breakfast. What followed were a few of "unique" movements as well as splashing and snapping sounds. Like mentioned, fishing was not one of his favorite hunting methods.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
24 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
phone post, done mind if I do.

She was a lucky creature to have been taught the art of fishinga nd as a healer, well, she also had the gift of patience. That seemed to help her more than anything, she could remember how others in her old home had always blundered in this sport. Wither they could not stand the icy water or as soon as a silverback fish glimmered in their sight, they would strike. Patience was the key. One had to stand in the water  watching as any aquatic species fled the movement, then stand very still. It was hard not to twitch or flinch at the touch of a slimy tail against her legs but she was use to it. As they began to trust that the danger had passed, she lowered her nose to the water. Painfully slow. She hovered then, seeing the large fish that could feed her and another of the little band Evergreen collected.

Finally, she stuck. With her jaws open and plunged her face into the liquid and closed her teeth around the fish that had trusted her so much that he begged for her to catch him. Just as quick she lifted her head out of the watch, the fish flapping and slapping her face with his tail. It took an moment but finally his fight died down and he laid limp in her grasp, a few bruises would surely blossom on her face from his strong struggling. He was heavy and was probably getting ready to spawn but she got to him first.

With a few much needed gulps of fishy air she shook out her fur and began to trot back to the camp but the sound of a failed fishing trip caught her attention. Ah, this one wasn't patient. She stopped amd watch as the much larger man snapped at the water, successfully scaring every fish near him away. She choked down a soft laugh before setting her catch at her paws, she then gave a quiet bark to not startle him before speaking.

"fiskafli." She smiled as she called out to him. "would you like some of my fish?" she questioned before adding "I can teach you my um.. " what was that word.. "technique to catching them afterwards." her tail wagging slowly behind her.

stað þar sem þú tilheyrir
common  icelandic
hover for translation
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Nah! Just a bit slow with posting atm. Should be able to pick up speed soon. Sorry about the delay!

In the water is a wolf, not an acquaintance of Evergreen, and certainly not the best fisherman the bearish wolf has seen. An eyebrow arches, watching with a mix of amusement and hope that, by some chance, this stranger's bizarre technique might actually work out for them. Alas, the splashing seems to disturb everything around the flailing and snapping wolf. The fish scatter to safety. It reminds him of Thistle, and how impatient she used to get with it. Perhaps why her younger brother, Evergreen, became the fisher instead.

Just as Evergreen was about to offer his assistance, Sindri appears with a fish caught in her jaws. It seems that she, too, spotted the stranger in need of help. Pleased to see her interacting with others, the bear hesitates for a moment—not wanting to interrupt or take over the scene. He decides to approach in the end, a broad smile curves along his dark muzzle.

Room for one more?
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Damn, this was harder than Basil remembered. All his movement scared away the fish and now he was sopping wet too. This was a failed hunting attempt. Usually Basil was patient as he focused on hunting small game like rabbits but also herds of deer in his old home. But for some reason he failed to calculate the right time to strike at the fish and thus missed them. And he was used to move a lot when hunting other game so sitting still in the river was also not something he was used to.

Guess I will have to limit myself to ground based prey again, this is not working. the young hunter thought and released a sigh. The water dripped down his lower body, his face was almost completely soaked. Thankfully Basil did not mind the cold water. Yet he shouldn’t stay too long in it, it wouldn’t do if he became sick on top of everything. So he took a few steps closer to the shore and was ready to shake off the water flattening his fur.

Before he made it far however different scents drifted into his nose. It smelled like other wolves. Oh god, hopefully he didn’t accidently set foot in a packs territory. Who knew what the wolves in this land did with trespassers. But there weren’t any markers…. Basil noticed and quickly turned around when he heard their voices talking to him.

What stood before him were a small female, noticeable by the soft voice that asked him a question and a bear of a male. Those two apparently knew each other. His body posture became a bit defensive. Those two did not look like they would hurt him. They actually offered to eat from their fish and teach him how to hunt the slimy beasts. But Basil hasn’t had a lot of interactions with the wolves living here so he was careful not to step on any toes. Basil was a fast hunter, shooting past his former pack mates to get to the prey they hunted so he was sure that he would get away if those two decided to attack.

Making up his mind his posture softened again and he opened his mouth to answer “Good morning! I am….sorry if this is your territory, I did not intend to trespass but I did not smell any markers. I thank you for the offer” here he turned his head towards the female that offered him a bite of her fish “but I wouldn’t want to steal food. I am more than capable to hunt something myself just…..probably not fish again. I also thank you for offering to mentoring me but I think my strengths sadly do not lie in this endeavor. I would not mind some tips though, if you will.” and a small smile appeared on his soaking wet face. Just remembering that he wanted to dry himself a bit he let loose a soft “Excuse me.” and started to shake his body to get rid of most of the water. If he behaved right, maybe he could ask them later where he is and how everything works around here. Maybe he would be even able to join their pack…..if it actually is one.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
24 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
phone post! So sorry for the delay!

room for one more?

For a short moment his voice caused her to remove her gaze from the man before her, her gentle smile widened. Only when the stranger's own voice came did she look back at him, nodding to Evergreen as a long jumble of sentences and explanations came.

"fiskafli." The nickname was a silly thing but it was the first thing she saw him try to do but she nosed the fish towards him ignoring his decline. She could easily catch more and nodded softly before speaking again. "its all yours, no need to feel like.. your taking it. I was.. ah.. stocking up.

Some of the words were difficult to remember, she often spoke to herself in her native tongue over the common one. "just come visit me if you'dlike tips." she smiled again before gesturing to her friend, "my name is Sindri, and this is my friend Evergreen." she nosed the fish towards the now partially dry man.

common  icelandic
hover for translation
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
At last, a reply! Sorry for the delay, Ink ❤

With their group so small, it is understandable that the markers are weak and new. Evergreen will not fault him, especially so close to the river that is impossible to mark as theirs. Peeing in the water would do them no good. He smiles, shaking his head and about to address the situation when he notices Sindri continuing to take the lead. It prides him to see how eager she is to help.

Morning, he greets back, and waits for Sindri to speak. She practically forces the fish onto the poor guy, and Eve chuckles in amusement under his breath. When Sindri makes up her mind, she can be quite stubborn. Seems like you have no choice but to accept, he says, winking with a smile. No harm done though. We are quite new here, and its difficult to keep our borders fresh with so few members.
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
That’s totally okay, as i am on vacation. Sorry for the shorter post, i just wanted to get this going again.

It reassured him that, even thought this was indeed a pack’s territory, that the members of said pack seemed nice enough and forgave him his inattention. Now, after being on the same side as the other two, he faintly smelled the territory markers. And it was a new pack too. Maybe they would be willing to take him in? It would be worth a shot. Even if he might not stay forever, as he wanted to find his family again he might start traveling again. But for now it would do him good to learn where he actually is and what’s happening in this land. Especially what the young male has to be cautious of.

Before his thought process continued the female spoke to him again. She addressed him with the same word as earlier. Basil didn’t know what it was but he was sure it wasn’t something mean. She also offered him her fish again after he already said he didn’t want to take it. But…. *rumble* his stomach was agreeing wholeheartedly. “F-fisali? What does that mean? And…I thank you. I would have just tried hunting some rabbits or maybe something bigger. Fishing is sadly not my strength but if I say so myself, I am a good hunter otherwise. He he.” He said laughing and took a small step towards the female. “My name is Basil. I…..arrived on this land against my will and have been trying to find my way around.” the male added and looked towards the bearish male. His gaze returned to the churning water and sends a thought to his family that he was ripped away from. But he decided not to dwell on that and turned his head towards the other two.

With a short and cautious action he tries to take the fish offered to him. Even though those two probably weren’t going to do anything to him as they proved they were nice people, Basil couldn’t stop being cautious as that is what the last few weeks alone in the wilderness thought him. His tracking collar was in the way a little bit when he tried to pick up the fish. Basil started eating slowly as to not appear to barbarian. The young male was really hungry.
Thoughts  
Conversation
24 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
F-fisali? What does that mean?

oh no, he wanted to know what the nickname she had called him had meant. she did not know what he might think of her nickname, would he think she was being cruel,  would he think she was making fun of him? she was being neither but she learned some canines took offense to her pet names, a nervous laugh came from her lips as she answered his question in a heavy icelandic accent. "ah, it was the first thing I saw you try.. it means fish catcher, since I did not know your name.. I called you the first thing I saw you try to do.. I do apologize" and this was all in front of Everygreen, great.

my name is Basil

basil! His name was an herb, that was a better name then she had given him. She blushed at the thought, a pleasure to meet you Basil but I am sorry about the.. um.. what is that word.. circumstance on how we met. Do you need any help with that priblem?" just get right to the point Sindri, jeez, maybe be a little less direct.

common  icelandic
hover for translation