Lost Creek Hollow I'd left him dreaming.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis had retreated to her clovers and her flowers. Although most of her collection had dried and lost its lustre she had them all spread out among the greenery, as if her tears might revive them to their once-bright splendor. The conversation with her father hadn't gone how she would've liked — it had veered strongly off-topic from her duties, and it wasn't until afterwards (now, as she lay with her collection) that she realized how emotionally clouded she had become.

So much for being a good ambassador; Ibis had been terrible to her father again, and had retreated to nurse the wounds that she should've healed by now. One of the main reasons she came to the Hollow was to grow up with her father beside her, to learn from him, to prove herself to him — and now she felt that was all wrong. That she'd failed.

Ibis observed the dried flowers. She remembered when she gathred each of them - some with more significance than others - and as she cast one last look around the Hollow she thought about tidying them up. With a few dainty steps she avoided crushing them against the lively clovers that cushioned them, and kept on walking - seeking out the scent of her brother @Okeanos.
ibis has permission to pp oke & enter any of oke's threads
156 Posts
Ooc — remus
it's nice to rest in the hollows -- to visit with his siblings (if he has already, presumably) -- to talk with his father, some. even before their family split okeanos had been firmly a mother's boy, and little can change that. but he appreciates his dad for who he is and what he's given oke. 

still, he'd come here with a purpose, and he wasn't about to be sidetracked from that. he'd awoken from a midday nap with the thought of finding ibis, and is not surprised when she comes to him first. greeting her with a sleepy smile, okeanos rises to his feet and takes in her expression. tilting his head he asks "what's up, ibby?"
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He had been sleeping; she was too emotional at the moment to notice or to feel bad for waking him, and instead threw herself against his burly body and burrowed against him, hoping to muffle her sorrow before he took notice of it. She wishes that she had the same relationship with Terance as she had with Seabreeze, but it was impossible. The man didn't want to be part of her life and she was convinced of that now — their conversation proving that he didn't want to listen to her or try and maintain any kind of bond — it was better to move on as fast as possible. To get busy, to move out, anything that would keep her from overthinking the strain she'd created between herself and her father.

Can we go soon? She questioned as she sucked in a breath of his scent, squished as she was against him. I don't wanna rush you or anything, Okee... But I can't stay here any longer, I just can't. I need to see the world, a-and, and learn about everything. I can't do that here. Ibis swallowed the growing lump in her throat; it wasn't a big lie or anything but she felt guilty all the same for what she said. It wasn't the whole truth.
156 Posts
Ooc — remus

"oh," he says, surprised by her sudden enthusiasm; if anything he'd been worried he was pushing her to leave too quickly, not wanting to tear her from whatever bonds she's built with their father and his pack in their time apart. guileless as he is, he doesn't think to question her reason why. ibis has always been somewhat flighty, after all--if she's ready to go, it's time for them to go. sighing, he lays his head against her neck and nods, a gentle rumble, like a purr, starting in his chest. 

"if you're ready, i'm ready," he says decisively, "i want to see the world with you." smiling, he pulls away gently and nudges her shoulder. "we can leave today -- now, if you really want -- but we should say goodbye first, okay?"
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He wanted to stay a little longer. That should've thrilled Ibis, but sent a twist through her gut instead. She burrowed her face against him for a moment, dislodging him from his drape-like hug across her neck in the process, seeking out the pleasant hum of his rumbling chest. If he wanted to say goodbye then Ibis would have to let him; it wasn't right to get in the way of that, he hadn't had as much time to get to know their father as she had. Maybe he'd have better luck with Treason too - being burly and strong and lovely and the best brother, infinitely better than the tiny fawn that was Ibis. She sighed against him and as she pulled away again she nodded, okay.
156 Posts
Ooc — remus
wrapping this up <3

she seems -- not unenthusiastic, that's too strong, but maybe a little disappointed, though he can't imagine why. or maybe he's misinterpreting; okeanos knows his sister well enough to assume his own assumptions are correct, but he doesn't push her on it, instead reaching out to lick her nose affectionately. "as soon as we say goodbye, we'll go," he promises, just for good measure, and then begins to head out, ready to seek out their father and then -- onto the rest of the teekons.