Sheepeater Cliff Take It From Me
133 Posts
Ooc —
for @Evergreen ;)
To some it would seem like mindless wandering, but Tobias was far from that. He had always been one to explore and travel, too restless to sit in one place for too long. He had taken residence among various packs throughout his life, and while he enjoyed them, it always felt like something was missing. Perhaps it was just the wolves that surrounded him, or something about the structure pushed for him to find something more. Emerald eyes peered down from where he stood to overlook the edge of the rock that jutted from the mountainside.

He had come across another span of new endlessly stretching land and what laid ahead was uncertain. Part of it all was beautiful, but life like this was lonely. However, Tobias was hopeful as a grin plastered itself upon his maw. Perhaps he would finally find what he was looking for here. A place to call home.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Thanks for starting :D Gonna say this happens after saving Aure, and Evergreen visiting EH.

From the reach of Diaspora, the bear comes bearing news for his group. Along with a decision that still leaves Evergreen feeling a strange mixture of anxiety and excitement. Part of him holds heavy doubts, wondering if he is good enough, if this is the right move for them all... but he does not know unless he tries.

Exhaling deeply, the bear feels parched after his long journey back over the mountain range to his... home. His heart flutters just thinking about it.

Standing on the Cliffs, he is surprised to emerge and spot that he is not alone. Round ears flicker forward in concern, wondering if this man is like Liri. His worries ease when he spots his expression. Just observing then? Hey, Evergreen greets. Looking for something? The bear asks with a wide grin of his own.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
133 Posts
Ooc —
Tobias was captivated by the golden crease that lined the edge of the sky, only threatening to spill in the center where the sun was slowly sinking. He could have stood like that, frozen in time until the stars came out if it weren't for the sound of approaching pawsteps, alerting the male that he was no longer alone.

"Looking for something?"

Still, he would not tear his gaze, not right away at least, but it would be rude to ignore his company. I suppose that depends-- green orbs met one that rivaled in color, the other diluted by a hazy film. You have something? Tobi took a moment to assess the bear before him. For a moment he thought he crossed a line somewhere (wouldn't be the first time), but this man was far too friendly lookin to be upholding a border. That led to only one question. What's his story?
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
An array of colors splash across the sky; each painting a picture that Evergreen wandered the meaning to. Yet, he's never been a stargazing type of man. His uncle, Kaisyn, knew about the stars well enough and his mother often spoke of stories... legends on how his biological parents ended up becoming one of the stars that lit the night sky against the darkness.

His eyes focus instead on the man observing the swirls of color and the sinking sun. Round ears and body overall relaxed, with curiosity and good-natured friendliness being his only pull to disturbing the stranger's peace.

Uh, Evergreen starts, tilting his head in thought. He supposes now, he has many things to offer. You could say that. The bear grins. Part of him wonders if its good to tell strangers, another knows it's best to trust in individuals including himself. If they turn out to be rotten eggs, then the bear can protect his group.

A home, company, food... the likes.
133 Posts
Ooc —
"A home, company, food... the likes."

Ah-- so he is with a group. Looks like someone above is lookin out for him seeing how he wouldn't have to search hard for life out here. It was a nice offer, and a hell of a lot easier than goin door to door hoping he wouldn't be turned away. I see, you live around here then.

Tobi tilted his head for a moment as he thought over the offer, but really it was a no brainer. I'd say I am lookin' for something then. A life of travelin' gets lonesome. What kinda life are ya offerin' here?
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
“Yeah, close, by the river,” Evergreen says, gesturing his head in the direction of Whitefish. It’s a pretty location, but not one without hardships. He knows there are dangers lurking around any corner, however. Just look at Rising Sun Valley, and all the individuals that have been attacked by strange wolves there. Here, he hopes that isn’t as much an issue. So far, so good at least.

Turning his gaze back to the stranger, his expression lights up with joy. Exactly! Uh, a lot of us were alone, Kaistleoki is focused on becoming a new beginning, he pauses, glancing towards the sky in thought. I'd like for there to have structure with the ranks, something others can work towards and better themselves over time. But, uh, having a close-knit community is important.

Group hunts, storytelling... that sort of thing.
133 Posts
Ooc —
phone post sorry in advance lMAO
Tobias casted a glance in the direction of the river, although most of the scenery was covered with trees. He would take the bears word that it was close though. His eyes drifted back to meet the mismatched greens as Evergreen continued on about Kaistleoki which he assumed was the name of this group of his.

A place for new beginnings. It all sounded nice enough and having a rewarding system where those who work hard are recognized is always a great motivator to improve and provide for the pack. The man gave a husky chuckle at the mentioning of storytelling, Well Son, it sounds like you have quite the set up, but if you’re looking for storytellers I have more than enough stories to last a lifetime.

the timber wolf gave a quick wink as he flashed his infectious grin once more. I’m willing to take a look and help out. If you’re still learning the area I’d be happy to scout out the land. indeed it was almost too perfect for a man looking to begin the next chapter of his life. Perhaps he could build himself up in this Kaistleoki.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Nervous rambles seem to be the Evergreen Speciality. So far they work well enough, or maybe everyone's kind and doesn't wanna show the bearish wolf the truth. Regardless, the wandering cowboy mentions stories and it's enough to make Evergreen beam. His excitement akin to a pup given their favorite snack.

Yeah? I'd love to hear some! He does his best to resist expressing just how enthusiastic he really is about it. During his childhood, he lived off the adventurous stories his mother told him; especially those about his biological parents. He does not know if they're true, but she made them out to be heroes... something to strive for in the future.

Eve immediately grows shy at the wink, almost wishing there was something he could hide behind. His cheeks grow warm underneath his thick coat.

Uhm, he says, chuckling nervously. That would be amazing. Thanks... oh! I, uh, didn't catch your name. I'm Evergreen.
133 Posts
Ooc —
It came as no surprise that the bear wanted to hear some of his fables. Who didn't like a good story after all? They would have to wait though, besides there are surely others who will want to listen as well back at this camp. Gladly, perhaps back in your lands though. His grin almost dropped as Evergreen introduced himself, the timber's head tilting to the side. I suppose I always do jump the gun, hmm. Pleasure knowin' ya Evergreen, I'm Tobias. If they could shake hands he surely would have offered one, but he'd have to suffice with a friendly tail wag. I reckon I ought to know more about you if you're going to be Alpha. What should I know about "Evergreen"?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Nice to meet you, Tobias. Finally a name to match to the cowboy's face, and a nice one at that. Evergreen likes the way it rolls off the tip of his tongue. Probably would be weird to admit that though, so he just mirrors him with a sway of his own tail.

Oh, uh, I guess that's... fair, Eve pauses, never really thinking of how to describe himself since it's always just been something others experienced. He supposes it's part of the job though. Uh, I'm not sure how to answer that, if I'm honest.

I grew up with my family, in a small group. Not really a pack. It's kinda always been a dream after we—... after I left to find a home. The river and uh, the wolves that have gathered with me are fulfilling that dream. He supposes its important to know exactly why and how he's gotten to where he is now, recruiting others to join the ragtag group he's somehow created.

Otherwise, uh, I like fish. That's important to know. Evergreen chuckles like he's told the world's best joke.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Tobi would listen quietly as Evergreen fought with words to describe himself. Overall, he was just lookin to make sure he was a good man, but in the end, it was all pretty innocent. A pretty picture coming to life that he could easily get on board with, especially if the others he's recruited are just as nice.

The bear also liked fish, almost ironic with his looks. That explained the river he mentioned earlier though. He could live with a fish diet, there was plenty of woods around if he found he was not in the mood for the river morsels. Speakin of which-- he chuckled briefly at Evergreen's small joke. He was never one to turn down humor even if it's not much of a joke. Alright alright, a family man. I can respect that. Why don't we keep chattin while we head to this camp of yours?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
another thread bites the dust,,, finger guns

Thank goodness Tobias is a cool dude. Evergreen passes the test, probably from just being genuine and not an evil mastermind. He'll take it. Now he feels more relaxed, and not as anxious about his stupid rambles and possible rejection. You'd think he's a school girl asking his crush on a date.

Hahah, thanks, he laughs, looking shy at the compliment. Tobias even had mercy and laughed at his stupid joke! Maybe a bromance in the making? Sure. Uh, that sounds good. And with that, the duo walk into the sunset towards Whitefish River hand-in-hand and chat. Eve wants to know more about Tobi, too.