Neverwinter Forest through fen damp and glade deep
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
The replies turned lewd for a moment and Dirge bit back a response that may or may not have suggested his company wouldn't have known what to do with a lady had one bit him. But at least he was smart enough to discern the things that were true, that Dirge did in fact have somewhere to go, and that he was at least somewhat familiar with the fairer sex. Granted, there really hadn't been time for such tomfoolery with the fallout occurring, but that time would eventually come again. Whether or not he strayed however, was another matter altogether.

But today was not coming to be that day.

Yet it gave him a stage to work from, though a sigh before punctuated the actions he'd take next.

He deflated, letting his head hang as though a chord had been struck too close.

”All right. You're more perceptive than you let on,” he began, figuring out which wheels were best to grease. ”And you've got me there—the season's over so you know how it is, all the women suddenly too good to give you the time of day. You get a taste of the forbidden fruit and you like it, but then they go and wrench it away. Depressing, really,” because after all, he'd been so glum. Wistfully, Dirge let his gaze coast across the scenery to some distant point, words eluding him both in effect and truth.

He continued, trying to sell it genuine in half-truths he could pluck from memory.

”But I'm sure there's always someone in need out there. I used to know a lass from the east. Solid looker, kind eyes and the like. We played our own game of risky business once upon a time before I came out here and now I wish I'd stayed. That's where the good women are, the ones that don't come demanding arrangements and children. Doubt the in-laws are too concerned with the comings and goings either, if you catch my drift.” He let a knavish smile spread thinly to his features. ”Bet a boorish lad like yourself wouldn't have a problem with them, since you aren't picky.”
Messages In This Thread
through fen damp and glade deep - by Dirge - May 30, 2019, 07:03 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Devit (RIP) - June 03, 2019, 11:31 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Dirge - June 04, 2019, 02:59 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Devit (RIP) - June 04, 2019, 03:24 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Dirge - June 04, 2019, 03:41 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Devit (RIP) - June 04, 2019, 04:02 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Dirge - June 04, 2019, 04:31 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Devit (RIP) - June 06, 2019, 05:09 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Dirge - June 06, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Teddy - June 08, 2019, 04:13 PM
RE: through fen damp and glade deep - by Devit (RIP) - June 11, 2019, 08:06 PM