Whitefish River Small Death
133 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
adventure bros @Evergreen and Tobi ready for exploring
Life had been good with Kaistleoki and the small group he joined seemed to be ever growing. The pack seemed to be more official by the day, but truly there were still holes to fill. For example, they didn't know what laid beyond their borders and that wasn't the best as far as safety was concerned.

Tobias fully intended to fix the holes in their knowledge of the land around them, just as he had promised to the bear on the cliffsides when he first agreed to help build up this pack. As the male trotted along what was slowly being established as their borders he noticed a cave not too far off his path. The entrance laid at the bank of the river heading into the face of a hill.

Part of him desired to rush in and take a look for himself, but he knew that was a reckless choice when some creature could be lurking in the depths of the cavern. Instead, he would call for @Evergreen and await his arrival to see what he wanted to do about it.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Summoned by Tobi’s call, the bearish wolf makes his approach swiftly. Although it does not seem to be out of distress, Evergreen, nonetheless, worries of the potential trouble the wandering storyteller may have gotten into. Striding with purpose, his gait slows as a mystified expression soon enough consumes his features. Before them, a tall cavern entrance that the bear has somehow missed before? “What’s this?” He wonders aloud, turning to glance towards the agouti male with furrowed eyebrows.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
133 Posts
Ooc —
The man could have laughed at the bear's reaction, he sure was an expressive fellow. I reckon it's a cave, but surely you gathered that much already. It was a jab sure, but he wore a grin all the while. Tobias squinted trying to make out anything in the back, but it seemed to just continue on. Thought you might want to find out if anythings hidin back there.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Right, yeah. He can gather that much, truly. Blinking mismatched green eyes, he studies the entrance of the cave, and wonders again how this could’ve been missed. Thankfully Tobias makes for an excellent scout and called him right away. “Uh, yeah. I guess… that’s a good idea.” He swallows thickly. Now is not the time to show fear, but… what if there are wolf-eating creatures in there? He squints. “Wanna… come with?” Eve turns to raise an eyebrow at Tobias, hoping that he does not look as terrified as he feels.
133 Posts
Ooc —
If only his grin could grow wider. It was likely clear that he was awaiting the invitation or just planned on goin in from the start even if the bear did not. Son, stories thrive from opportunities like this.  Don't worry, you don't even have to put on a brave face and go first, the cowboy was two steps ahead of the bear motioning with his head for him to follow. Ya got nothin to fear, strength in numbers and all that. Tobias might not be a specialized warrior, but at least he wasn't useless in a fight.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He ought to have known those were Tobias’ intentions, but… hey, Evergreen is grateful for what he can get. At least he does not have to face this spooky cave alone… Evergreen puffs his cheeks, wanting to deny the fear akin to a pup, but he holds his tongue and instead gives Tobias a thankful, yet shy smile. “Thanks,” he says, adding in a short laugh. Ducking into the cavern after the storyteller, he immediately starts to look around the walls of it. It feels… strange in here. He’s not sure if he likes it, and the fur along his spine starts to stand on end.
133 Posts
Ooc —
His whistle at the end is kinda like the first part of this song
As the man progressed, the edges of the cavern soon appeared more jagged and rough. Upon closer inspection, some sort of crystal formation was taking place along the lining of the cave. Tobi let out a short whistle at the gleaming rock, the sound vibrating through the cave. Sounds like this runs pretty deep, but it's got some pretty stones formin'. Maybe we can base a name off them. If only he knew how this structure had formed, alas he was no naturalist. Intent to see if anything laid at the back, Tobias pressed on, whistling a short tune enjoying the sound of its echo.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Curiously, there were shiny objects growing across the walls that Evergreen inspected. The bear quickly gets distracted, staring at a particular cluster of the gorgeous crystals. Eventually he goes cross-eyed, with how close he approached them. When he hears Tobi’s voice echoing from the distance, however, he is pushed back into reality and trots back towards the cowboy’s side. “Maybe… I’m not familiar with what they’re called,” he admits quietly. Tobias takes to whistling, the sound at first taking the bearish wolf by surprise, yet soon it becomes soothing…
133 Posts
Ooc —
No response came from the cowboy as he fully intended on finishing his tune until he felt something hard hit his paw. A sound rattled ahead as whatever he just hit clattered towards the wall of the cave,  resting in a pile of similar material. Upon closer inspection from either of the travelers would show that the object had actually been a bone, and based on the size of the pile, they belonged to something big. Well ain't that interestin'?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Head snaps to follow the echoing sound of frail clattering against the cavern’s floor, until finally it smacks at the stone wall. Evergreen freezes, resisting the urge to screech outwards in terror. Horror Movie, man. But alas, Tobias is chill, and thus, Eve holds his tongue. He does not know how the storyteller can be so… nonchalant about finding a possible murder scene. Now that he is closer—and totally not brushing against his pack-mate—the Kaistleoki leader notices how large they truly are. “... Oh, uh… that’s… one way to describe it.” A shiver runs up his spine, and his ears flatten back. In the distance, he spots another set of bones, almost equal in size of what laid at their feet currently. “... There are more.” Yet Eve makes no move to continue.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Tobias leaned down to sniff at one of the bone piles, but with their age, all scents had vanished aside from the dry scent of bone dust. Larger than a wolf, that's for sure. Maybe bear? Likely natural causes of some sort, then again I ain't-a naturalist. Perhaps these are your ancestors! Unable to not laugh at his own joke, the cowboy's voice echoed once more through the cave. Seems like from there on out the cave split into narrow chambers leaving the main clearing lines with crystals and bones. What laid beyond was anyone's guess. Bright side, anything dangerous is long dead. Nothin' to fear in here.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Bears. That makes sense. Although leaves Evergreen concerned for why they had… died, even if Tobias suspects it may be natural. The last thing the pack needs is to end up making their base in a dangerous area. His ears twitch, and he laughs at the storyteller’s joke—his own voice joining in the echoes of the cave. “Yeah, maybe. Never knew them.” Whoops? Too Soon? Perhaps. But at least it sobers him. Tobias is right though, no danger seems to be had… Eve nods in agreement, relaxing his shoulders just a touch. “I’m ready to see the sun again… What about you?” Eve grins.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Done inspecting the bones and sitting to the side, Tobi used his hind leg to scratch at the back of his ear, Yeah alright. I can dig around more later since there seem to be no scents that show this place inhabited. I'm sure if we ever get some youngins runnin' around we can scare em half to death with this place. Another laugh followed as he bounced back to his feet to follow the bear out. One more story unlocked for the chronicler to tell at a later time.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Getting a confirmation, Eve starts marching out without wasting any time. Maybe he, too, will eventually explore this place more now that the initial spooks were out, or maybe it’ll be that one place in the territory he avoids like the plague. He’s just fortunate that Tobias is here to keep him company. “Let me know what you find,” he says, peering  over his shoulder curiously, and once more, joining in with Tobias’ laugh. If it’s only half-to-death, it… probably won’t do much harm right?

As they stroll back the way they came, Tobias picked up whistling again, and Eve hums along with it. After they escaped from the darkness, the bear is quick to stretch. He invites the storyteller to visit the group’s cache and have a meal together before they part ways.