Verdant Basin and the earth did not yet bear a name
5 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
He’d moved out of the woods and into an open area that stretched on for several miles before shifting away to the wet basin that sat before him. Sly trotted forward happily to drink from the water, quenching his thirst and bringing him new energy. He had wondered just how long it would take him to reach the seaside, and if there would be anything there that would speak to him – allow him to stay for a while. Surely, the lands around him had to be home to some lovely ladies. This thought brought excitement to the young man, who had gone some time without seeking the companionship of a female.

On the edge of the water, Sly stretched himself out and gazed upward at the shimmering sun overhead. The skies were clear blue with few clouds dappling the expansive backdrop. The heat reached out and soaked into the thick golden fur along his back. Beside the water, he felt relaxed – happy, even – and decided he would remain there for a few hours before moving along his way. With squinted eyes, Sly hummed a merry tune and waited to see if another would approach.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The shimmering waters did indeed draw another explorer. 

Rue's paws had been itching to scout the territories around her new home, but so far dicey weather had prevented her from traveling too far from the Strath's protective cover. Today's sunshine afforded her the first opportunity to stretch her legs and venture a little further, and clearly a friend of hers had the same idea. 

"Hey, Dingo!" Rue called out cheerfully to the wolf in the distance, hoping to capture her friend's attention.  Perhaps they could scout together, as they had on the day they met.
5 Posts
Ooc —
A voice shattered his peaceful existence, bringing his song to an immediate stop. Sly turned his attention toward the approaching figure. He canted his head to the left, dark lips curling upward into a devilish smirk. His tail beat against the sandy bank, kicking up particles and sending them dancing through the air before they disappeared. The young pirate rose to a standing position and turned himself toward the woman. She wasn’t half bad, but he was far more curious as to how she knew the man his mother loathed. Of all the gin joints in the world…

Sly chuckled softly and took a few easy steps toward her before flashing a smile that crinkled at his eyes. “Darling, I don’t think I am who you think I am,” the charmer remarked to her. He stopped where he was, not wanting to alarm her after having revealed himself to be a completely different figure. If she opted to approach him after this discovery, they could move forward without any issue. He was a gentleman, after all. Sly wasn’t about to damage the only chance he had to find where Dingo was.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue did not realize her mistake until the stranger spoke. She halted immediately, studying the man from a stone-throw's distance. The voice was most decidedly not Dingo's, just as the words claimed, and yet...

Rue shook her head, still thrown by the uncanny resemblance. "Are you sure?" she joked with a chuckle. Before he could reply, she shook her head again. "My mistake. Apologies, traveler."

Rue moved forward to close some of the distance between the pair, so they could speak more comfortably.
5 Posts
Ooc —
The girl asked he if was sure, and Sly could not help but to grin at her and then wink with a wicked flourish of his tail. “Oh, honey… I’m about as sure as any man can be,” he assured her in a sultry tone, hoping that she would not take offense to the terms of endearment that he had attempted to use. Some were against being called such things so early on, but Sly could not help it if he was enthralled with the female body and spirit. He was just a man, after all, and he didn’t mean her any harm. There was more than enough interest in what she had to say, though.

“No need for formalities. The name’s Sly,” the charmer introduced himself. She moved closer to him, offering a sign that she wasn’t troubled by his nature. The pirate was pleased enough by this that he did what he could to make room for her to join him. “Now, who are you? And… who’s this Dingo fella you thought I was? Thought that I was the only one this good looking in these parts,” Sly teased with a chuckle. The idea that his father could be so near to him was almost too good to be true. All the stories that his mother had told seemed to unfurl before him again, fresh and infuriating. If he was that close, it was worth paying a visit.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
It was more than just the man's looks that reminded Rue of Dingo-- his entire demeanor was similar. Both were smooth talkers, it seemed. Had Rue still been alone, the stranger's provacative croon might have put her on edge. However with her pack's scent clinging to her, she was virtually untouchable this close to the Grove's territory. She had little to fear from this loner. So she went about subtly shutting down this man's over-familiarity with her usual routine: upbeat, friendly indfference. If he was at all perceptive, it wouldn't take this Sly fellow long to understand that he was friend-zoned. 

"I'm Ruenna Redfern," she answered. "And Dingo is a packmate. We're from Asterism Grove," she added, tipping her muzzle in the direction of the Grove border. "He would say the same thing," Rue remarked, "You two really could be twins. Except for the eyes."