Ankyra Sound honey, what’s your hurry?
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Velen @Fletcher @Amora <3

it had only been a few days in the grotto, but dalia felt worlds better than she had the prior week. and though they were born a bit small, it seemed they had nearly doubled in size that week. ah, at least, the boy did. the little girl stayed roughly the same — but she was a moreau girl, after all. this was indication to dalia that they’d been a bit early… but more importantly, they were going to be just fine. 

dalia had been thinking that afternoon of all the possible names that they could give their children. she had wanted, of course, to name one after portia. but looking upon them now… well, neither of them looked like a portia. they looked more like velen than they did like her — but as the days went on dalia could swear she was noticing a freckle upon the bridge of their nose… but, ah, it was too early to tell just yet. the thought made her smile. 

her tail thumped gently against the small caves floor, ears pricked as she looked upon the babies with adoration. in the distance, she heard the sound of the ocean waves crashing upon the shore. you’re as strong as the sea, she murmured to the squiggly pups, brave as the water.
trigedasleng will be in blue.
1 Posts
Ooc —
it was quite the world out there. the tiny pup wouldn’t remember any of what’d she’d experienced, though. if being blind wasn’t enough — she had been swaddled in a coyote fur the whole way here. she couldn’t have seen a thing if she tried.

but she was warm now, she knew — though as she aged she’d likely forget. she couldn’t hear her mothers kind words, but she felt the warmth. she knew the gentle vibrations were comforting, and even the little body beside her was warm. she was warm — she was happy. and to each vibration and soft touch against her downy fur, the little pup made soft awooo squeaks.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
hope u don't mind me! if you're looking for just family, we can say he dropped his gifts off and then left <33

they had taken in newcomers during one of his trips out of the pack. two who had children with them. rosalyn had been there to accept them, to welcome them, and illidan only felt that it was appropriate for him to meet the newest group in their fold. he had found a fat rabbit and several chewing bones for the children. he carried these items in a pelt satchel that had been left over from one of his previous kills. he had given a similar leathery blanket to rosalyn and erzulie when they had had their pups. illidan figured it would be nice for bedding.

when he had caught the scent of them, the lean figure followed it to the beach. he trailed until he had found their den; each of their scents was still so different from the mass of rusalka. though he carried the satchel in his teeth, illidan issued a chuff to announce his presence and moved slowly until he figured he should stop. his shimmering gaze was intense but he seemed to respect that she was a new mother and he would not approach her home unless he was invited.
384 Posts
Ooc —
if dalia was strictly territorial, it did not show now. as she heard the footsteps outside, the chuff — smelled the scent of prey and the saltiness of a raulska wolf… dalia gave a soft chuff in return, one minute. she raised herself, using the pelts they’d brought from their travels to tuck the two pups in to keep them warm, and then moved to the entrance of the den to poke her head out. 

she was greeted with more than just a friendly face. a man, maybe younger than her, with a few gifts in tow. despite the rest she’d gotten in the last few days she was sure she looked exhausted, but dalia smiled all the same, her tail waving. she felt a batch of awkwardness settle in the pit of her stomach — oh! what should she say?? thank him first and then introduce herself? was she sure that these were for her? ah, she struggled for a moment. 

hello, she tried instead, head dipping low. her posture was low, respectful, as dalia would be nothing but to the wolves who were so kind as to take her and her children in… though she didn’t know exactly who she was talking to. her gaze flitted from him to the gifts, a smile still pressed to her delicate features. i — want to presume these are for us? thank you, it means a lot — everything does, really, she started, catching herself as she almost slipped into a long list of thank you’s, my name is dalia. solid finish.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the woman emerged from her den and her sights were glued to him. he did not stir much from his stance, holding himself stiffly. the young leader did not have much when it came to experience with children or their protective mothers. illidan had only heard talk of what they were like during the first few weeks of the child’s life. he did not want to impose on this new family while they were attempting to settle in, but he didn’t want them to feel as though they had been forgotten after having been added to the ranks of rusalka.

her voice was soft when she greeted him, and her words were formed politely. he already liked her, but illidan wasn’t the type to speak up about these things. he had made the wrong kind of friends before. still, there was a kindness to her voice that he did not believe to be a con. she was grateful for what he had brought. he took this as a small invitation to step forward. the ghost placed the gifts roughly a foot away from her paws and then drew his crown upward.

“i’m illidan,” he introduced in his graveled voice. there was a smile on his dark lips for only a second before it faded away and he fixed her with hollow, golden eyes. “i’m the alpha here, though i didn’t have the chance to meet you before. is your family settling well?” if what verx claimed to have happened was true, illidan felt as though rusalka needed members more than ever. if their ranks were bare, they would not last long. with the promise of new blood and even new children, he wondered if they actually stood a chance.
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Cameo, feel free to get him involved if you want! Otherwise he's on his way out

One family. He thought at least. A litter of puppies that would no more than just a snack if he was being honest. But now as he roamed the grotto once more, he found that there was more to this than he had originally found. A new mother, a new face with more pups in tow. They were small, fat and found, a mouthful really. The mother didn't catch his attention all too much. Saliva dribbled from his maw for a moment before he turned face to go off to the beach, see if he could find some other poor beach bum to snack on. 

It was wise to not piss off anyone within the pack yet. No one bothered him. For the most part he was left alone, which frankly, was that he desired. Right now, he would once again ignore that desire to taste the virgin flesh of youth and find something else to eat until the right time came by...
384 Posts
Ooc —
dalia watched as, in the distance, a strange looking beady eyed man stopped to stare. her pups, safely inside, were out of sight, but she felt strangely looked upon... like a meal. her gaze couldn't help but harden upon him, but he left soon after. her seaglass gaze turned back upon the other man -- illidan -- and it softened upon it. 

oh that's no worry, she assured him quickly, i'm glad to have met you, though. which was true. though this was not stormrift, dalia appreciated it all the same, and she was happy to meet kind wolves within the borders. it made her feel more at ease. she nodded, then. we've settled in well. my pups -- two of them, a boy and a girl -- are already a little healthier. a little plumper than when they were born, she told him with a beam, her smile wide as she boasted her children's health, thank you, again, really, i don't think they would've made it on our own. dalia wanted to stop herself from thanking him so many times -- but she just coulddn't hold back her gratitude. truthfully, she just didn't know what she would've done if she would've lost more than just the first baby.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the woman was kind, and there was a moment where illidan was not certain how long she would last with her family within their ranks. surely, she would tire of the harshness of the others and would likely seek to raise her kin elsewhere. how could he blame her? it seemed that since the day the had formed, the rusalka pack had only felt the heat of the hellhounds on their tail. how much longer could he have really expected them to last? was there ever even a chance for peace, or for their home to harbor those with goodness in their souls?

of course, he remained silent against these worries, and only smiled softly to the mother. her many words of thanks were like daggers, pricking at his flesh.

“you are welcome here and do not need to thank anyone,” he reminded her quietly, bowing his head a bit. at the mention of her children growing stronger, illidan cast a somber yet hopeful glance to the girl with the sea colored eyes. “what are their names?” the ghost inquired to her, wondering if she would be okay with him asking questions about her children.
384 Posts
Ooc —
dalia quieted at the mention of their names, her gaze shifting as she thought of an answer for him. they.. don’t have any just yet, she admitted shyly, ears flicking, we were afraid they wouldn’t make the trip... we didn’t ... well, you could imagine why we held off. it was a sober comment to make, but dalia didn’t have another answer for the man before her. 

i’d like to name them after the sea, she added, however, a small smile pressing to her delicate features, i’ve lived my whole life upon the ocean — it’s  where i was born, and my children were born. where my mother died — i think it did be nice to have a little bit of ocean in their names.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
only for a flash did his brows narrow a bit, but they were quick to return to their natural position. her pups did not have names because they had feared the children would never make it. illidan felt a pang in his chest at the idea of the children having died out there. he wondered if his mother and father had held the same fear in their hearts after the fall of grimnismal. he still did not know what had become of his brother rhakios. he feared for the worst.

dalia had gone on to say that she would have liked to name the children after the ocean, to some degree. illidan could not help the ghost of a smile that barely curled his features. the somber young man turned his attention to the waters with more admiration than he had felt for his seaside home in a long time. it had finally started to feel like a place where he could stay and grow.

“i think that is a lovely thought. i’m glad that you made it to our borders and that your children are growing stronger,” he remarked to her with a small nod. having more youth in rusalka would not be bad for them. he knew that his mother liked the presence of pups, and he was sure that erzulie and rosalyn’s litter would like future playmates. “they will have friends to play with when they’re a little older,” he told her softly.
384 Posts
Ooc —
me too, the young mother murmured softly, her tail swaying. as she looked upon illidian, eyes glowing with a subtle pride, she nodded again. i'm really happy to hear that... i think they'll get along well with the others, she purred brightly, gaze falling now to her sleeping babes. 

and then, her ears flicked as she seemed to realize something, looking back up to the man. oh -- i wanted to say, i am a healer and a midwife. i can help with anything the pack needs in that regard... and next season i can help deliver any other pups the pack has, she said with a smile.