Totoka River Repeat After Me
133 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@heironymous 

Traveling back from his adventures with Wraen, Tobias fully intended on making the trip quick. He had been gone much longer than he originally planned, but thanks to his new companion he had learned much about the lands to the west.

he packs there were far enough that they likely would not interfere with their life back home, but at least he had the stories for another date. He was particularly interested in this king of Moonspear, unfortunately, he met his end. His interest put aside, Evergreen was sure to be pleased with everything he had discovered on his impromptu trip around the Teekons.

Eventually, he came across a river as far up as Whitefish River. He wasn't certain it was the same one, in fact, he was sure their river ran south, but he would be able to follow it back towards his home at the very least, or until it ended and then keep heading south.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Lips peeling back in a hideous display while seafoam eyes watched as the other male walked by, with a gaze completely focused on the other brown wolf, he spoke in a deeper tone than usual as he called out to cowboy. How dare you trespass on my lands. The words slithered from between bared teeth as a low growl rolled his words in a dark undertone. 

Hidden behind a bush, he acted the part of an antagonist. Choosing to try and mess with this stranger for no good reason what so ever. Although he looked ferocious, he was only playing his part in order to summon the proper tone in order to try and spook the other. Begone or lose your life! Using his vocals in play, it carried all around as he threw it around, using the trees to bounce off the vocals to try and hide his location as much as possible.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
133 Posts
Ooc —
Along his small wandering a voice shook him from his thoughts. This time he was sure he hadn't crossed a scent marker, but the voice deemed this land as his. Tobias paused in his tracks scanning the scenery looking for the one who had called out, but all he saw was the growth of the forest and land around him.

I'm sure there's no need for violence, I'm just passin' through. I wish for no blood to be spilled. His voice went unwavering matched with a strong stance as he waited for an answer or the stranger to reveal themselves. Moving wasn't the best idea when he could just run deeper into whatever territory was claimed here.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
From within his hiding place, Hiero was able to watch the stranger. Obstructed by growth and leaves, but he had a general idea of what was happening. Ears rose from their pinned position as they listened in as carefully as possible, and seeing the man stop in his tracks, he had to stop himself from breaking character and laughing out loud already. 

Wiping away the smile that graced his lips, he continued. Straining his voice to keep the threatening bass to coat his words. Should have thought about that before coming into my lair! Prepare yourself f-- COUGH COUGH COUGH Well, he tried. A coughing fit exploded from his mouth, cutting his little charade short as his voice just couldn't hold onto such a tone for very long. 

Eventually, the coughing turned into somewhat pained laughter, Sorry, sorry - I couldn't resist. He said between coughs, stepping out from the bush he hid behind, still chuckling between fits while his throat tried to settle again.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
133 Posts
Ooc —
He received an answer, however, the "resident" soon hacked breaking any threats that were held against him. It honestly came as a shock as the man stepped out and assured him he was just messing around. Raising an eyebrow he assessed the other with a head tilt. So a prankster, huh?

The little stunt could have ended poorly with someone else, but the cowboy was willing to shake it off. Are you actually from around here? He couldn't scent any other wolves so if the male did live here he lived alone.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Shaking himself off quickly, releasing any debris that may have clung to him when coming out of hiding, Hiero made sure he was presentable before continuing to talk to this fellow. Maybe; I like to call it creative introductions. You won't be forgetting me any time soon, that's what I hope at least. he said while picking out some sticks from his fur that wouldn't be shaken loose, and one in particular between his toes. To just walk up to someone and talk seemed a little boring to the painted male, the usual crud that everyone has done over and over again - why not get creative from time to time? 

Nope, it's my first time here. I don't even know where I am, to be honest - but certainly not from here. After he was cleaned to the point of satisfaction, he gave a short bow, stretching out his right front limb and lowering his front half, while his tail plumed up above from behind. Forgive me, my name is Hieronymous, just a wanderer. To some an entertainer.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The painted man chalked it up to a creative introduction, which, he had to admit it was. He would not forget meeting this stranger, but he did risk being placed into one of his own stories. I see, well I can't say you're wrong. With a hearty bow, the man gave his name and apologized to which Tobias could only chuckle, No hard feelings, it's a pleasure. I'm Tobias, another fellow wander entertainer combo. Well, wandering for information nowadays. He had never stayed in one place too long, but Kaistleoki was keeping him at bay for now.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
I rarely am. Playfully he winked, of course, he was wrong, but why not play it off otherwise? This guy seemed like a good time, so maybe he would take it well enough or even call him out for the obvious bullshit. 

Entertainer you say? Interesting... With that, he sat down. Pondering for a moment before excitedly asking the following, wide-eyed in a child-like glee; How about we trade secrets? Between entertainers. What do you do?
133 Posts
Ooc —
With a wink Heiro bantered lightly claiming he was rarely wrong to which he only rolled his eyes with a grin, Yeah I'm sure with a look like that I can believe you. With what seemed like a flip of the switch, the painted wolf turned almost boyish as he quickly sat asking to exchange their secrets.

f it was about to be storytime Tobias surely wouldn't turn him away. Alright— He took his own seat before continuing, I'm a storyteller. Most of my tales come from real experiences, but a few are fabricated more so for pups. Every now and then I'll throw in a tune too.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
As Tobi continued to talk, Hieronymous was liking him a little more and more as time went on. He saw that eye roll, and only felt more amused at it than he did before. For now, he sat himself down to enjoy the company until further notice. Getting himself right good and comfortable with his legs sprawled out at either side in some form of "manspreading". 

You don't say! He rocked forward, barely keeping his balance as he grew more excited with Tobi's ability. That's me too! Wanna exchange stories? Feel free add mine to your repertoire, I'd be happy to spread a story to someone new. Uncertain how open others were to sharing their stories to complete strangers, Hiero was quite the open book. From one storyteller to another, he was just excited to maybe hear something new.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Leaning forward in an animated style, the man's personality was intriguing, yet captivating to someone like him. He announced that he was a fellow story tell which was perhaps the reason for his growing interest and a grin spread across his own maw at the chance to share one of his tales. Sounds good to me, what do ya wanna hear? The pup stories, my adventures, spins on real events The cowboy leaned forward himself lowering his voice a tone, Perhaps the locked up stories that often scare travelers?
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Tell me your best story, Tobi. Getting absolutely comfortable, Hieronymous laid down on the ground, crossing one paw over the other while seafoam eyes watched the cowboy intently. In the meantime, he thought about what he would tell the young man in turn. His mind was a buzz with that to tell in return, he had so many, he just had to find the one in his arsenal that could possibly be entertaining to his new companion.
133 Posts
Ooc —
His best story? He had hundreds, how to pick his best? He usually told tales based off the person. He seemed like the fellow to like adventure though. Alright, well this one isn't much of a story, but I think you'll still be interested.

Clearing his throat, the cowboy looked up to the sky and gestured with his muzzle for Hiero to do the same. The light that graces the sky. Most bask upon its beauty from below, but in certain places, you can see it dance along the same grounds we walk. I've seen it a few times now— Tobias paused glancing to his companion for a reaction before he continued.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
With every passing moment, he grew more and more excited to hear from his companion. Though he was excited to tell his own story, Hiero had his full attention on Tobias' and what was to come from his mind. As Tobias looked up, so did Hiero, making sure he had the full experience of what Tobias was offering. 

For a second, his mind wandered to where the story would go - aware that he was talking about the beautiful sun that graced them with warmth and light every day. But he tried not to think too much, letting his mind be completely enveloped into the story that Tobias was weaving as to not spoil its contents.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy was pleased to see the man lost in his story, It takes quite a journey to reach where the lights dance. They are often only obtainable where it is tall or extremely cold. The first time I encountered the lights I had finished climbing a tall mountain for a vantage point of the land. He could see it clearly as he closed his eyes. Land spaning out in all directions with the stars guiding him above

It had taken days to reach the summit, but as night fell colors swirled around the peaks. At first, I had no idea what they were, but as the colors grew more intense I realized it had to be a hidden gem. Something that made the hike worth it, aside from the view of course. Opening his eyes, Tobi turned back to his piebald companion. I've heard some give the lights a name, my favorite is probably the Aurora Borealis.