Fox's Glade to help a family that's been replacing me
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
The more time he spent in these lands outside of Chandor, the more Kaito realized how very little he knew about the world. His upbringing had not been sheltered, by any means; even if Tieru had not divulged the gory details of what had transpired between their neighbouring packs, he had still overheard of their sufferings and the violence enacted against them. The wicked fought the just, and the just fought the wicked, and sometimes wolves died, on either side.

But Kaito had never been much of a fighter, not like Nikola, or even Chise, who had both aspired to be guardians and warriors of their home. It wasn't that he didn't wish to protect the innocent, or defend of the weak. He longed to be someone who would be remembered for his bravery and nerve - but he simply never found the steel to lay his tooth against another's, and he couldn't help but feel a measure of shame for that. Maybe that was why had picked up healing.

"Well, I sure don't want to kill you," he assured, and Kaito moved forward until his toes touched the water's edge, and sent a ripple the woman's way. "Here, let me help you. I can heal you - our Maika'i Tieru taught me everything before I left." Well, maybe not everything, but everything he knew. Which more than what many wolves could claim, and Kaito would help her, even if she refused. "So if you don't want to die," - which it seemed she didn't - "then trust me enough to let me try."
Messages In This Thread
RE: to help a family that's been replacing me - by Kaito - July 29, 2019, 11:44 AM