Northstar Vale girl, with an accent of blood
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
praimfaya listens to the pale sylph's words with an attentive cup of her ears, regarding her clinically. she is not sure how she couldn't thrive there but she is young still and recognizes with a borrowed wisdom of linkoln's spirit generations her elder that she may not always. she calls them kru but it is clear to her that they do not follow the ways of her mother, the ways of her people. their cultures are similar enough, for now, but what will happen when praimfaya comes of an age that she would traditionally take the role as commander? she thinks that is when she might stray from diaspora, to follow the laws and creed of her people. to raise her own geda from the ashes of her ancestors.

i am wanheda. a commander. the commander. though her world may not entirely match with diaspora's it is simply ...how it is. her birthright, her bloodright could not be denied; they could try but if they did she would leave. or she would fight them. surely, praimfaya — prime fire — harbors a draconian fury that would rival her mother's own. what i believe should be can only be when i make my own geda, wise beyond her tender age, praimfaya already knows how this will work. i will worry about that when the time comes. and praimfaya assumes it will not come for many months yet.

why did you challenge the general? if you would have won you would've strove to change diaspora, wouldn't you have? do you think diaskru would've supported you and those changes? why didn't you just leave on good terms and start your own pack that support your views? praimfaya, perhaps, makes assumptions, taking aurëwen's words of wisdom and filling in the blanks with what she knows of her flight. if praimfaya sounds disapproving she does not mean to, but there was no way to ask without sounding as condemning as it, perhaps, does. part of her diplomatic training is to understand why wolves work the way they do. understanding the wolf standing across from her, no matter how different their views, would aid her in being able to be the ambassador of the wolves she would stand for. to delegate and navigate sensitive matters and decide whether war or peace was the answer, to strike alliances or ultimately reject them.

praimfaya senses that aurëwen is different than her, different than blodreina and while that difference isn't a bad thing — sometimes fierce wolves needed a soft touch to remind them that not everything needed to feel a blade's sharp bite — praimfaya seeks to understand it because she finds that she cannot walk that bridge of understanding easily. our ways are harsh but it is how we survive. so then how did one of a gentler nature survive?
Messages In This Thread
girl, with an accent of blood - by RIP Praimfaya - August 24, 2019, 10:28 AM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by Andraste - August 24, 2019, 10:51 AM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by RIP Praimfaya - August 24, 2019, 11:06 AM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by Andraste - August 24, 2019, 11:26 AM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by RIP Praimfaya - August 24, 2019, 12:13 PM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by Andraste - August 24, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by RIP Praimfaya - August 24, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by Andraste - August 24, 2019, 01:22 PM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by RIP Praimfaya - August 24, 2019, 04:02 PM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by Andraste - August 24, 2019, 07:08 PM
RE: girl, with an accent of blood - by RIP Praimfaya - August 25, 2019, 06:21 AM