All Welcome 
SETTING:
Weather: Overcast
Cool with slight wind.
Sunrise

TERRITORY: Otter Creek

TAGS: @Vengeance
Forward dated to 10/7/19

The anger. The bitterness. It seeped it's way into his bones, making their home in his marrow, feeding the fire in his heart with their chorus of song—And Clay, attentive, listened to it, grabbed ahold of it, and kept it close.

You're a crybaby. You're not smart. You're too weird. You're a burden to your family. To your pack.

It had been two days since he fled his home, two days since he abandoned everything with malice, two days since he had eaten, and two days since he felt his mothers nurturing licks against his fur. Two days.

His paws were aching, rubbed raw, cracked, and bleeding from his endless walk up the slopes of sunspire. He didn't know where he was going, not anymore. Not that he cared. He set off with such energy and devotion to finding what was causing the quakes, to prove he was something other than a complete waste to his family. But now far, now lost, Clay had given up and was drowning in his resentment.

Even if he went home it wouldn't make a difference. His siblings would still be smarter than him. More eager to learn, more eager to please. And he would still be him. He broke down from the thoughts, falling under their weight and crumbling to the ground with a wretched sob as paws covered his face.
Messages In This Thread
I down a coffee, grab my axe and then I'm out - by Clay - October 05, 2019, 04:42 PM