Blacktail Deer Plateau sleeping lotus [challenge]
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Random Event 
forward-dated to 11/28 so it'll hopefully finish around the ic date <3 rolling 1d15, three rounds! tiny bit of pp so she can give her speech LOL, i can edit out if needed tho
The quiet of the Plateau has given her time to heal, but it has also given her time to grow restless. It's so different from how it had been before she'd left, different from Easthollow, which in her dreams seems far more bustling and lively than it truly ever had been. She doesn't know that, though. She only knows that she is dissatisfied with Rusalka, that she misses her mother's leadership more than she will ever admit. Valette has always inspired loyalty, even in strangers; she doesn't think the same can be said for @Aningan. And part of her is beginning to wonder if she might have the same talent somewhere within her. It seems unlikely — but it's a spark of hope, a hint of purpose.
She circles restlessly, debating her approach for what feels like hours before she feels ready. She has never been in a true fight, not against a prepared and capable opponent like this, and she knows it could go very badly for her. She only wants to help, though, and she can't help but hope that maybe Aningan will see that. She calls for him, and when he (presumably) comes to her, she wastes no time addressing him. I don't want to fight you. This isn't personal or anything, it's just that — Rusalka is so small now, and so quiet, and it wasn't before, when there were other leaders. I'm not them, but growing up I watched my mom lead a really big pack, and I think I could help. So — if you let me help, we don't have to fight, She takes a breath, hoping against hope that something in her words will convince him. Still — But I will fight you if I have to. I want to make Rusalka my home, and I don't want it to fall apart.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
all good! figured we can start the rolling whenever it comes up in this thread

When he heard the howl, he was at first confused, her presence there still new to him. Once he realised who it was and that he, specifically, was being summoned, the yearling made quick use of his feet to reach her. And only moments after his arrival, he was greeted by a speech of sorts—the words making it clear what this meeting was about. She spoke of not wanting to fight, that she only wanted to help—but help how? Personally, he liked where they were at. He liked those that called the plateau home, those that had stuck by the pack even as everything fell apart around them. He felt comfortable around them, yet she wanted to add to their group…? He didn’t understand why.

“How do you want to help?” he asked, brows furrowed.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
She does her best to bite back the new flicker of hope that follows his question, but it lingers anyway. If she can only convince him... I could lead with you — I could find more members, and — and bring the pack together more. To make us stronger, She's never really done any of this before, but Valette had made it seem easy. Besides — We could work together.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The more words that left her mouth, the more confused he became. She wanted to lead, too? Just to bring in new members? “Why?” he couldn’t keep from asking. “What’s wrong with the members we have now? Why do we need more?” He was not against new wolves joining them, not entirely—if someone came to them seeking a home, he wouldn’t immediately turn them away, but the thought of going out with the intention of bringing strangers back… it was unsettling. “Do you not like the others here…?” That was the only reason he could think that would make her want to replace them; his own dramatics were lost on him, unseen.

Patiently, he allowed her to explain what she meant, all the while he quietly listened. By the end of it, they each went their own ways, Aningan remaining at the helm.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.