Stone Circle Your Mother Should Know
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
omgggg your writing ;-;

Valette spoke about how she snapped at everyone that came near Leta, even Greyback, the Matriarch said she was blinded with grief which was an emotion she was too familiar with. The woman remarked how she would have bitten her as well, but Vespera was aware that she could have in that moment of trial, and she was willing to take the risk just so that Valette could know she would be there for her. The young girl didn't respond to her statement, she kept looking at her with a grim gaze, she was going to let Valette make her case, the refute any statement she found untrue or in need of further explanation. Valette stepped closer to Vespera but she was unphased, she knew that the woman was going to get closer to prove her point that she was trying to sympathize with her, but she started to question if she was just covering up for her mistake.

Well nothing is going to make me change my mind, she thought bitterly, she wouldn't let any hateful treatment be excused.

The Matriarch went on about the situation with Leta, she was going to into detail on how her instincts kicked in and she needed to protect her child to which Vespera could only agree with. Though she may never experience those maternal instincts, she could understand when others would go into that setting. But she also put the cherry on top by saying that her intentions were good, at least she knew that she wasn't wrong, so why couldn't Greyback understand that? These questions were only fueling her anger, and she was ready to counter Valette. But then she hit her with a question, a question that had the situation flipped.

Would she hold the same hatred for Valette if she had committed that violent act?

"No," the answer came more quickly than she anticipated, in fact, it was more on instinct, but she figured that she would need to explain. "Because I know you Val, I know that you wouldn't want to intentionally hurt me, I know that in your heart, you wouldn't do it out of jealousy or hatred." Vespera held her gaze at the woman, her eyes only showed certainty, she was confident in her answer even if the Matriarch would disagree. "I wouldn't be as mad, though I would admit, I would still be upset, but you have earned my respect through patience and kindness, Greyback has not. He hasn't done anything to earn the status of Patriarch for me, and that will hold true until he does." The girl's expression was that of judgment, she would be the one to individually decide if Greyback was a worthy leader, and so far he has done nothing to impress her.

Valette still looked confused as to what she meant that Greyback had saved her, she could feel a vein wanting to burst but she restrained herself from exploding. "Yes, I am, I wanted to fix all my sins in one final act, but I suppose I can't, I wanted to go to a place to where I was truly happy, even if I had to take my own life." Vespera thought of her actions as noble and continued, "I didn't want you to suffer with me as it seems all I do is cause problems, I thought that you shouldn't waste your time with a disappointment like me so I took it upon myself to remove this imperfection." Her expression remained, but of course when she said 'this,' she meant herself. Vespera would admit that she was being a bit dramatic but this is what she truly felt, Valette would of course rebuttal the idea that Greyback only saved her to cause more harm by stating that he would run day and night for her.

Bullshit.

"I'm sorry, but I do have to disagree with you," she stated with a flat tone but with a hint of annoyance. Valette said that she wouldn't excuse Greyback's behavior but her expression started to show signs of doubt but she said nothing. Then the Matriarch started to speak of something Vespera deemed outrageous, she opened her mouth to object but Valette was quick to silence her. The woman put in that she wasn't asking her to leave but asked if she was willing to live with the man, and even talk with him, the female's eyes almost popped out of her head, she wanted to laugh at that statement. Vespera collected herself, her eyes were filled with bewilderment, "talk with him? I doubt that he would be able to hold up a civil conversation, he would only scold me, tell me that I'm a delinquent, and wouldn't own up to anything at all." She went into a bit of a sarcastic chuckle, but she put her ears forward and gave Valette a more professional look. The Matriarch went on about forgiveness, oh boy, here comes the cheese, she wanted to gag, but she didn't change her face. The Alpha was had come closer to her, the aura she gave off would only make Vespera's eyes slightly soften, she couldn't be angry forever when Valette was in her presence.

Her agitated nerves calmed a bit, she started to think about forgiving the man, but did he truly deserve it? Would those words mean nothing if he doesn't own up to anything and change his attitude? Her mind was pouring with doubt but she would entertain the Matriarch, "I don't know, I don't trust that anything will change, I am trying to change my ways, but it seems he can't do the same. Trust is a two-way streak, I am not going to surrender myself to him and he goes off Scott free, I know that you don't excuse any of his actions and probably think I am unwilling to give him a chance, but did he give me a chance? I am not some zombie minded follower, if I see something that I disagree with, then I will speak my mind on it, but it seems he can't handle someone else's opinion." The girl spoke with a rebellious tone, she wasn't going to fall to him so easily, "I want to believe you Valette, I really do, I came to Easthollow because of your leadership, you were willing to give me a home and you were patient with me, and I could never ask for more." She let a small smile form on her lips and her gaze was filled with compassion for the Matriarch, "I just don't think he has that same kind of patience you do, you are willing to listen to me, and I can only be grateful."

Vespera was starting to release the hatred she had for Valette, and it manifested into warmth, but there was still a large hole, a void, "I don't think I can mend my relationship with him at this point, no matter how hard I try it seems that he will have hatred towards me, and that will stay the same with me." She said with a sigh and the utmost of honesty, for if she did try it would only end up in disaster and Valette would have to save her again. "I guess I am just going to have to accept that..." The female mumbled, she wasn't going to let the Patriarch walk all over her, but she was beginning to be okay with the fact that they might never see eye-to-eye on anything.

And nothing was probably ever going to fix that.

oof my novel :'D
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Messages In This Thread
Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 02, 2019, 10:24 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 07, 2019, 05:08 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 08, 2019, 01:19 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 08, 2019, 06:31 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 11, 2019, 02:16 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 12, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 16, 2019, 03:16 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2019, 02:48 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 21, 2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 22, 2019, 04:23 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 23, 2019, 01:04 PM