Firefly Glen i seen an emerald in the sky
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
As night had descended, so had he in concluding his circuit of the Spear's boundaries to then head on out, beyond.

Even for him usually being the sorts that stayed close to home, it had become a bit of a routine--every so many days, even he ranged out off their slopes--searching, much like the rest of them did. Sometimes on his own, others with company. For several matters, though he was a known to peruse and take in the experience more than anything else whether he liked it or not, it was always duty that spurred him out initially. They had mouths to feed and a recent kill kept hopes inspired well enough. Still, he wanted to see more signs that they were actually in a rebound, finally, before he fully accepted any such notion; he needed more than one herd's puny offshoot.

But even so, there was no major urgency in this for him. On the whole, their corner of it all had done alright. He wasn't starved, and even the youngest Ostregas were growing awfully mighty these days. Jarilo did intend to help make it even better for them.. so dipped his head low and tracked, though so far, it was not yet any prey that lured him.

Since he traveled here often enough, he kept on his way. He knew some places to look towards before he'd give up and move on--some former hotspots and thoroughfares, back before the earthquakes and all else. But... not yet. Nothing down low, or even above, seemed to really catch.

Instead he only found a canine--wolf, young, and when the brisk winds played best into his favors, he realized her as of the.. neighbors. One of them, not the young commander's group that he knew better firsthand, but the others that he knew best of through others. Either way.. he was on his way to too close, and apparently unwilling to flag his momentum badly enough to stop it. It was a light trot that he approached on, mindful and poised before he settled a curious squint upon her from a few lengths away. Hey. You busy out here? he asked, half-halting long enough to say in the stranger's direction.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 13, 2019, 01:21 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 14, 2019, 01:37 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - December 20, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - December 28, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - January 10, 2020, 05:11 PM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by Jarilo - January 19, 2020, 02:34 AM
RE: i seen an emerald in the sky - by RIP Polaris - May 11, 2020, 04:05 PM