Moonspear hopes and dreams, they will collide
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
If she had not been so close, he would have been inclined to warn her.

Not warn her that he believed different, but to remind her of pride and all its folly. Yet the last time he had invoked such a line it had proven itself too, so it may have been half part ingorance is bliss and half part denial that stayed his tongue. So instead he reveled in her touch, eyes closing against the inevitable, teasing rush he felt across his skin. These were the touches he prefered of her, that gentler side that she was very much capable of and yet so very good at keeping aside where she thought it belonged.

In spite of whatever impure thoughts crossed him in the moments to follow, he let them go. It would have been easy to try and twist things into his favor one particular way, to distract and deflect in any subtle direction he could. Hydra would have anticipated that, no doubt keen enough to sense that he too could sense turmoil about. She would spurn him, the walls would go right back up, and she would rampage off...

His eyes opened.

"I saw my sister a few days ago," he mentioned, letting it be the forward distraction. A pause, a solitary beat for it to sink: "She's with Mahler's group in the east." Unless his nose had gone blind and lied to him of course; their crossing of paths had been so brief that he scarcely managed to ask her anything before it had all been curbed by more pressing matters. He drew his assumptions, but only they answered so many questions before churning new ones in their wake; the distance of his gaze grew to see everything and nothing at all as even then he pondered how and why.

"In case you were wondering where I've been; I was hoping to cross paths with her again. And perhaps get a bead on if the herds will return." His gaze turned to her almost pointedly, but it too was a deception. The prairie was not the only place he would range to, past or present, but he knew the gravitas of his not-so-mentioned siblings and the concern it always drew. Just like how Nyx had eluded him before, he wondered if she would now too; just as he wondered if Hydra would doubt him further, or if he would find a way to appease himself after all.
Messages In This Thread
hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - December 31, 2019, 12:06 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 01, 2020, 11:50 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 08, 2020, 10:57 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 08, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 08, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 08, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 14, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 15, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 23, 2020, 09:54 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 26, 2020, 10:45 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 29, 2020, 07:52 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - February 01, 2020, 09:22 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - February 05, 2020, 09:44 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - February 09, 2020, 10:06 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - February 12, 2020, 03:37 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - February 29, 2020, 08:30 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - March 03, 2020, 01:57 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - March 30, 2020, 05:33 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - April 29, 2020, 09:31 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - May 06, 2020, 12:10 AM