Totoka River We do not bow or bend our knees to our gods..
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Private 
@Fengmian your PMs are disabled but I'd LOVE a thread so I went ahead and posted these two a lil somethin somethin :)

"...we instead open our arms to embrace them."

She could not say for certain when the marshes lining the river gave way, nor pinpoint exactly when the crystalline pools took their place. It seemed suddenly, without warning, that she'd happened upon a place of beauty and tranquility - of palpable magick.

Time seemed to still as the faun too slowed to a stop amongst the slopes of the moors, roiling waves of hedgegrass shifting around her frame welcomingly and brushing across her downy underbelly ticklishly. Awen was captured momentarily, scarred rose lips parting in awe as wide eyes panned up to the fire-streaked heavens. 

It was an inferno: the sky gone golden with evening's light and lit aflame by crimson, citrine. This riot of color was duplicated by the still pools surrounding the brine river she'd followed so dutifully to its culmination at the seashores. A world of autumn, of warmth, of heat where heavens and earth collided in a blaze of wonder. 

What choice had she but to be still and marvel?

"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."