Northstar Vale the moment a child is born, a mother is born as well
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Private 
For @Hiromi if youre not too busy? :)

Despite the anxiety and timid disposition that crippled her every interaction, the seelie had iron strength - in that she did not let it command her life. 

As nervous as she might be around her new brethren, the healer had duties to uphold. Regardless of whether or not she was comfortable with it; this was of little consequence, all that mattered was that her future patients felt at ease in her presence.

It was possible she would be the woman to help bring their children into the world, and help to rear them should they desire the assistance of a wetnurse or sitter. Every mother was different, some preferred to birth alone and care for their children alone. Which was their perogative, a thing Awenfen greatly respected. Her help was optional, still, it was necessary to become familiar with the women - so that they felt safe asking for it if it was wanted, and safe trusting her with their children. 

Such was the reason she sought after Hiromi, feeling that she wasn't yet familiar enough with the woman to summon her to the Groves. 

She brought a peace offering as she tracked after the pale lady's scent - a juicy catch of duck, chockful of protein and fat for growing neonates.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."