Porcupine Ridge vibe chek
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
All Welcome 
@Reiko could you tell that i couldn't think of a title

Her last time in this area had been brief and rather uneventful. At the time she had just passed through, met some people along the way. No one of import or note. She simply made her way up north, barely thinking of the place until she found herself returning just a few months later.

The land had changed since then — signs of trouble both of the earth and of its inhabitants. She could smell some of the border changes, clusters of wolves disappearing from where she had last known a pack to live. She was intrigued by it, as she was by all things social. She would give the land a chance again to interest her, to give her something of interest to do here.

Her wanderings led her to one of the mountain ranges. She didn't know the names of each landmark that she had passed through, only recalling vague smells and sights from her last excursion. Orson could smell many packs in the distance, clustered around the valleys between the mountain peaks. She hadn't considered joining one before, but now it was all that occupied her mind. There could be one here that would hold her interest long enough.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Sorry I didn't get to this last night! Random pressure headache came over me ;3;

Back onto the ridge, a place where she could be away from the prying eyes of the Empire. Though she loved each and every individual, recent events weighed on the young Empress. The loss of @Yuudai, and the growing presence of @Takeshi, nearly forced her to wander away to a more quiet place from time to time. Never too far from the Vale, but just enough to catch a moment to herself.

Up on the ridge, she could see the vale at its whole, and every time she wandered up here, the view was more beautiful than the last, and every time, someone new was walking by. The scent of another female wandering nearby caught her attention.

With a simple wag of her tail, she jumped at the opportunity for something new, someone new to speak with. Approaching just enough to see the woman, Reiko kept a certain distance as usual - with enough space to flee should it be necessary, all the while just enough to be seen and heard. Greetings! She calls out lightly with a friendly wave of her tail.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
No you're alright!

The ridge that she found herself on overlooked the entirety of this small valley between the mountains. It was a beautiful sight, to be sure. The liminal periods of the year had its own beauty. Up here in the heights was no different. There was still snow on the ground, but the land showed signs of bloom, with specks of color bursting through the white. Orson took in a deep breath, filling her lungs with the crisp mountain air. Oi, what am I gonna do? she sighed to herself. The sight was nice and all, but she was not the type to be enamored purely by nature's splendor. She had seen so many beautiful sights. 

But, beautiful sights drew people in, and she was far more enamored by people than landscapes. A woman — who looked like she was from the north — approached her. The woman kept her distance, but greeted her with a wag of her tail and a cheerful hello. Hello to yerself, she grinned at the pale woman. Come up here often? she waggled her eyebrows, the cliched line coming quickly to her. She chuckled. Name's Orson.

"beautiful sights" count: 3
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Giggling, the monarch found the stranger to be rather pleasant and funny with her wiggling eyebrows and odd way of speaking. Actually, I do. Funny enough, yes, Reiko has been coming up to the ridge quite often. It helped that it overlooked her home, so she didn't have to travel very far at all. Reiko. Plus, at night, the place was even more so breathtaking. She couldn't wait for the fireflies to start their dance across the valley.

So Orson, do you come up here often? Lacking that same pizzaz that her counterpart had previously displayed, she simply waited with wide-eyed wonder waiting for the funny woman to speak again. Funny in a good way of course, humourous, pleasant to be around - not quite goofy. There were so many new faces out here in the mountains, and all were pleasant thus far! It was so exciting to finally see things begin to change for the better!
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Ah, yer a local, then? the energy caught between them, rather than falling flat. She was glad that the woman was not one of those dour people, the spoilsports who let their personal grudges ruin everything in a conversation. 

Her name was not entirely foreign to Orson. She had met people with similar sounding names before — short names with one or two syllables, lots of vowels within and ending the words — but for the life of her she couldn't remember the language. I don't, unfortunately. 'm new to the area. Orson chuckled as her words were turned back against her. What's this place called, then, Reiko?
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Somewhat. She says in deep thought. New to the mountains, but somewhat familiar to the lands around it and getting accustomed to the mountains themselves was a new task. It was slow to get to know them, with her belly upset and fatigue often looming over every waking moment of the Empress' day. I have heard this place is called Porcupine Ridge - Twisting her delicate face into one of deep thought, lips pursed as she pondered over the name.

I think it's because of it's jagged uneven peaks. Having spent some time within its peaks recently, it was the only logical conclusion the woman could come up with. The water here is particularly delicious if I must say so myself~ Clear and fresh, with the added bonus of the water being refreshingly chill due to the nature of this season - Porcupine Ridge was quickly becoming her favorite place for water as of late.
Healing (2/6)

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Makes sense, Hedgehog Ridge would be just as accurate a name, but it didn't have the same ring to it that Porcupine did. Plus, there was a little bit of danger to porcupine that hedgehog didn't really have. Though she had met her fair share of aggressive hedgehogs. Bit of a connoisseur then, aren't we? You have a list of places with the best water? she said jokingly. When water wasn't a daily necessity, it was easy to appreciate the freshness and crispness some water sources had over others. Or when you weren't constantly moving about. You've gotta tell me then since I might be sticking around here for a while. She said the words, but she wasn't entirely sure if she meant it. A while could be until winter came or next week. She had not decided for herself what her next course of action was, merely wandering about until she stuck somewhere for longer than a few days. She was taking a shine to this place, as briefly as she had stayed here. It wasn't that often that she returned to an area so soon after leaving it.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Musical giggles fluttered from her lips as the title of 'water connoisseur' was thrown about. It did sound strange when the thought of in that light - water was water after all for many, but even Reiko had to admit that certain streams and bodies had a different mild flavor to them depending on the temperature, and location. I guess I am! So she took the title with glee.

Pondering her answer of where would be the best places to drink, she thought back to all the places she's been. Well, if you must know she teased with a little lilt in her voice. Here is the best thus far, Kaistleoki's Whitefish River is a close second, then the waters in my own home down in the vale would come as a third in my opinion of course. There's a river that cuts through the emberwood to the east that's pretty good too, and the lake south of that, past the marshes, would be my final top 6.
Healing (2/6)

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Most of the names that the silvery woman listed off went past her head. She did not know this region well, or really at all. It'd at least be interesting to visit the places the woman had listed off, good water or not. She looked down at the small valley. You live down there? With the third-rate water? She wrinkled her nose theatrically. Aw, no, you'd better move up here! A beautiful water connoisseur such as yerself deserves better, don't you think?
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
That's tempting! Twisting her face in a faux pondering expression, she offered a wayside grin to her companion before continuing on their little verbal escapade. But this place is my own little secret. Spoken hushed words, winking at Orson playfully with a few musical giggles following. If I moved everyone up here, it won't be my little hidden slice of heaven anymore now would it?
Healing (2/6)

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Oh, you bring up a good point, She began to grin mischievously, the expression slowly spreading across her face. But now that I ken about it, what's to stop me from telling others? Orson leaned in conspiratorially. She was glad to have someone to talk with in this manner. She had met too many sourpusses, especially lately. She delved herself into the game enthusiastically, wondering where her partner would take her next.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
What kind of come back could she possibly use for this now? it was all too fun, too much so that she didn't want to end just yet! It wasn't often she found someone to joke around with, a companion of the minds to bounce things back and forth with - boy it reminded her of her puppyhood! 

Ah! Well - She had something that might be fun to see what Orson would come back with. I am an empress you see, I have ways to keeping you quiet. Whether Orson believed her title or not didn't matter, it was all for fun after all - shoot, she could have told her she was a goddess of some sort and it would be just as believable! Posing noble-y, ear flat, head turned toward the sky with a cheeky grin as she eyed Orson with a wayward glance - she was the perfect image of a snooty royal born wolf, something that didn't come naturally to the pale woman but it was so much fun to put on the act regardless.

So, Orson, can I trust you with my little secret or shall I send my subjects to steal your tongue? Quirking a brow with a mischievous grin, it was all in jest and she waited with anticipation.
Healing (2/6)

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Orson was taken aback, at first unsure if Reiko was joking or being serious. She had met her fair share of self-proclaimed kings and queens, emperors and empresses. Regardless of their true power, she was wise enough to know that anyone who declared themselves a monarch was a dangerous person to cross. While Reiko certainly looked the part of royalty with her elegant form and pale feathery fur, she couldn't see this bright bubbly woman being a strong, ruthless empress, but she was only seeing the woman in one light. Her face soon split into a grin. Making nice with an empress wasn't bad, however. Oooo, forgive me, yer Imperial Majesty, Orson bowed flamboyantly, her voice dripping exaggerated humility. I didn't know I was talkin' to royalty, I would've been more courteous! Fret not, Empress, I will keep your secret Imperial pool safe, if'n ye grant me a small favor.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
For a moment Reiko was worried she had taken it a step too far, that Orson would back out of their friendly banter - but soon enough she followed through, and even if the bleached woman tried to keep her regal, snooty facade going, she cracked as a smile glimmered through. Through half-lidded eyes, she peered over to Orson, still holding onto her pretense to continue the farce, she spoke in a long drawn out tone, clearly exaggerating it all. And what, pray tell, is that favour? Frankly, she was tapping into her inner Hime, that sister of hers was always so good at looking "better than thou". @Hiromi and @Yuudai would probably disapprove of her little act - but what they didn't know won't hurt them.
Healing (2/6)

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
An imperial kiss! Orson grinned, more roguishly than ever. It could be a line. It wasn't really out of attraction for the woman — though she was attractive, her being an Empress threw her out of Orson's league — more from playful cheekiness, an extension of the game that they had been playing.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
If it is to keep the monarchal waters' secret safe, then expose thy cheek! She was all wrapped up in the game, stepping forward to place a gentle kiss on the woman's cheek should she welcome it. Stepping back she laughed in glee, bubbly and full of life - she hadn't felt like this in a very long time now, like herself.

Thank you Orson, I haven't had this much fun in a long, long time. Though it broke the moment, it had to be said. She was thankful for this banter, more so than words could express properly. it felt like a weight was temporarily lifted.
Healing (2/6)

87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
She chortled, pleased that it had come to this. It seemed the natural conclusion of their dance, with a flourish. She stepped forward, bearing her cheek for the regal woman, meeting her halfway. She grinned at the kiss, her smile growing with the pale female's pleasant giggle. Oh, I'm glad I was the one t'provide it. she looked down at the vale, committing the location to memory. You said you lived down there, aye? Maybe'll I'll come back around someday and visit your Imperial majesty Not up here though, don't want to make this place conspicuous with all the traffic.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
last from me! thank you for the thread! <3

Yes. nodding at Orson's question, with a wag of her tail she was happy to hear what was left to say. I look forward to it Orson, please don't be a stranger! And she meant every word, each individual, each new friend or even possible new friend, was good news for her and the Empire itself! Yes.. please, do keep it as our little secret. She said in hushed tones, leaning in and winking to keep the facade going for a little while longer before stepping back.

I must go now, but I look forward to our next meeting. With that, she turned to return back to the vale, not wanting to stay away from it for too long should she be needed. This was necessary however, her mood was certainly lifted and would return refreshed.
Healing (2/6)