Whitefish River This is your heart, it's alive, it's pumping blood
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy gave a soft laugh at her daughter's admission. You're right, hunting isn't very fun, she agreed. It's not my favorite either, but it's a necessary skill when you're part of a pack. Everyone had to do their part. Of course, some wolves really do like to hunt, and they do it more often than those of us that have more needed skills elsewhere. She spent most of her time tending to plants and taking care of packmates, so hunting was something she did if they needed her help. Still: But if you ever find yourself on your own, or if the entire pack is needed for a hunt, then it's important to be prepared. She was guessing Syrma probably knew most of this, but Speedy couldn't help but reiterate things for her. She wanted her children to have to best opportunities in life. 

Speedy's face lit up at Syrma's request. I would love to teach you about plants. She never wanted to push her trades on the children, but she always hoped to pass down her plant and/or healing knowledge to at least one of them. Most of the plants I use are for healing, but that also requires that I know what plants aren't used for that, she explained. There are plenty of things out there that are poisonous and there are things that are safe and edible but won't do much to treat illnesses. She paused and looked to her daughter. I could show you some stuff now if you'd like? She could talk about plants all day but she wasn't sure if Syrma was up for it today, which was definitely fine.
Messages In This Thread
RE: This is your heart, it's alive, it's pumping blood - by Speedy - May 08, 2020, 05:04 PM