Whitefish River This is your heart, it's alive, it's pumping blood
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy smiled. Yeah, it is kind of weird, she agreed. There were far better things to eat, of course, but it was helpful to know what you could eat if needed. Speedy swallowed the remnants of the bitter plant as best she could, and then took the few steps to the water's edge. She lowered her head and took a short drink. 

Lifting her head, she looked back to Syrma as she exclaimed that she wasn't going to be eating many plants, which was fine with Speedy. And then her next question made the healer think for a few moments. Yes, there are a few I've noticed, she said as she began to walk along the riverbank. She searched the ground for something to point out. There was a particular plant she had seen recently, and now would be the perfect time to show her daughter so she could learn and be careful around it. She stopped when she found the plant. It was bright green, and its leaves were serrated on the edges. Without getting too close, do you see the tiny hairs along the stem of this plant? she asked. While Syrma examed the plant, she continued to speak. It's called a stinging nettle. You never want to get those on your face or paws because they sting. You also don't want them on your fur because you can potentially get the hairs on someone else. She looked over the plant as she let the information soak in. 

There was also a plant I saw growing along the river last year, she began again. It has petty, light purple flowers and is called an Iris; they are poisonous if eaten. She looked around. I haven't seen any yet this spring, but it's early yet.
Messages In This Thread
RE: This is your heart, it's alive, it's pumping blood - by Speedy - June 03, 2020, 11:31 PM