Haunted Wood Another Chance
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Private 
Set after the meeting Serem held.

Santi paces through the rocky edges of the grotto. He’s absolutely bored. He wants his blood to pump. He wants to spar with someone. Then a lightbulb goes off in his head; poor little @Clarence looked a little sad when Serem had asked to talk to the black and white wolf. He shakes his head a fond smile on his face at the thought of the little wolf-dog and those big ruby eyes of his.

He wonders where the other even is. Hopefully not speaking to Memory, or he’d rightly stomp on over there and snag the boy all for himself. Not knowing where the other could be, he strides around the rocky surfaces of the grotto. “Cla–rence~.” The male sings, looking around each corner. “C’mere boy.” He teases even if the male couldn’t hear him. “Clarence~.” He sings again, as he continues walking. He has half a mind to howl for him.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29446f97062704dca892...=giphy.gif]
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
setting it just a tad bit later, because clarence went with memory immediately after the meeting ^^

His discussion with Memory was... pleasant, Clarence thought. It set him off with a question, though - if love could save him, how did he know what it was? Who did he love? 

The first image to flash into his mind was Santiago. 

Before he could think too hard on why that was the first person who popped into his head, he heard the man's voice. At first, he thought he was imagining it, but quickly realized that there was no way. Splotched ears perked and he tilted his head to the side, trotting over toward the source of the voice and frowning when he picked up on the teasing lilt in it. 

C'mere, boy. His eyes narrowed a bit - the two-legged creatures called them that. It was mostly for the dogs, and Clarence was not a dog. Mostly, anyway...

"Not a dog," he stated with more confidence than he felt, padding up to the man and arching a brow inquisitively. He still smelled of Memory. His head tilted to the side in a silent question - what was going on?
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Ah! Okay no problem. ;)

Santi was almost surprised to see him walk around the corner. The males confident I’m not a dog. makes Santi smirk devilishly and he sidles over to the smaller. “Oh, look at you.” Santi rolls out deeply. “I’ve been looking to spar...” he comments coming a fair bit closer, leaning down to sniff the others neck. His leathery, black nose glides along the boys scruff not before nosing into the spot just below Clarence’s jaw. Hardly moving when he lifts his head, alabaster orbs side eye his under heavy lids expectantly, a certain malicious twinkle in them. 

“Ah~,” He breathes out. “so you were having your little chat with Memory then?” He asks with his own tilt of his head. His earlier thought about stomping through Memory and stealing the boy to go spar hits his mind again. He should’ve done it; he doesn’t like the smaller smelling like the other wolf. Even though he has no right to.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence held still as Santiago moved over to scent him, feeling his skin warm under the male's closeness. That was becoming a theme, though - Santiago always made him feel really warm and kind of tingly. It was weird. The word love popped back into his head again and he furrowed his brows, slightly lost in thought before he snapped back to attention. Spar?

Before he could ask if that was the best idea, the man was continuing on - talking about Memory. Clarence's ears pressed back just slightly. "Yeah, it was nice. I'm glad he isn't mad at me or anything - I didn't want to hurt him like that." He sighed slightly, trying to banish the guilt he felt. It wasn't working that well. "He's really nice. I like talking to him."

"Are you sure it's a good idea to spar?" he asked, shuffling his paws. His head hadn't hurt in a long while, so he thought maybe he'd be okay. But he thought it best to check with Santiago first.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Santi nods casually. “Glad you two hashed it own then.” 

Then the bigger male tilts his head. “Ah, so you’ve found someone to replace me then?” He teases him horribly with a wink. Then turns slightly and begins a slow walk. “I trust you amigo. Come, I’ll be gentle.” He says lowly, head craned to look back at the other softly even though his smile was anything but.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
"I'm not replacing you," he assured with a small smile. "Memory thinks I'm a puppy, I think." Could he care for Memory in that way? It was possible, he thought, but... not like this. A small smile crossed his muzzle when he realized Santiago probably had no idea that the reason he'd mentioned the man thinking of him as a pup was for that reason. "He helped me think about things. That's all."

The boy sighed and followed him, ears flicking back just slightly. It had been a long while since he'd sparred - since the incident with Memory. "Just... don't grab my throat, please," he began, getting into position to spar.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Santi chuckles when the other reassures that he isn’t getting replaced, yet he can see the way his ears flick back. Santi knows he’s not completely normal just yet from what had happened. “Just paws, amigo. No teeth. Get creative. Or if you’d like you could give me a little nibble or two.” Santi grins closer towards the end of the sentence.

He readies his stance. “You go first.” He offers gently, giving a reassuring glance to the other with the promise not to hurt him.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Well... if he was sure. Clarence took a deep breath and planted his paws, trying to physically and mentally stabilize himself. He was very present in the moment - very clearheaded. It didn't feel like the day he had with Memory. 

"Okay," he told the man, offering him a small smile. The boy didn't think Santiago would hurt him, but he didn't want to end up snapping like he had with Memory. He studied the black and white wolf for a moment before he leaned back and launched himself forward. Like a torpedo, he shot forward, only to dive down at the last second in an attempt to slide beneath the man and knock him off balance.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia

Clarence is fast. The boy’s first move is fairly unexpected and Santi gives him kudos for actually surprising him with it. While the other torpedos beneath him, the move successfully knocks his balance off and he finds himself tumbling to the ground. Only left open to an attack if Santi isn’t quick enough to counter the boys next move.

He turns towards the other, rolling back to his feet, and grins. White teeth on display he rears up on his hind legs (one of his favorite moves) and, with luck, will bear down his front paws on the other looking to knock him down just as he did.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence was surprised when Santiago actually fell from his attack. It had been a favorite of his in the arena, and it was best used on larger opponents like that. He'd have to pick from his arsenal carefully with Santiago being so large - his moves had to be more targeted.

He was a bit too wrapped up in debating about what to do next that Santiago's next attack hit. He did manage to scoot just a little to the side, so it hit his flank and knocked him sprawling a few feet away. The boy got his feet under him again, shaking off the daze, before doing a quick calculation and sprinting directly at Santiago once more. This time, however, he darted to the left in an attempt to slam into Santiago's left hind leg. The goal here would be to pick away at his legs, make it harder to stand up. Be distracting.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
His own attack is successful, bearing his weight down upon the other, his heavy paws com into contact with the males flank. Santi grins when the other comes to his feet a few feet away from the knock back of the hit. Twins moons watch the other intently, can see the way he’s calculating his attacks mentally–smart.

Then suddenly, the blur of white sprinting towards him smashes into his leg and Santi lets out a small grunt at the force of which it hits him with. The hit is hard and makes him internally say fucking ow. before he spins around to face the boy once more. Santi doesn’t give him time and he chases after Clarence. His teeth bare and he reaches his head forward, just about to bite onto his tail when remembers that he’s not supposed to use teeth.

He chastises himself mentally and replaces the bite for a meek head butt to the others hip to throw off his balance. He can’t distract himself.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
It wasn't surprising when Santiago came after him again, and Clarence winced when he felt that massive head hit his hip. He skidded a bit, his rump swinging around like a car doing a donut. Crimson eyes locked onto Santiago, however, and Clarence attempted to use this to his advantage now that he was facing the man again. 

His forepaws planted, then his hind paws, and he was launching himself again, attempting to entangle his body beneath Santiago so that the larger of them might trip and hit the ground.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
The smaller male rolled with the hit expertly, only a wince to show that it affected him. Then he’s back on Santi just as fast as he was on the smaller. This beautiful red eyes of his lock onto him deadly and Santi knows he’s a bout to get it. Before he knows it the other is entangling himself in his legs once more and the move previously used works again, much to Santi’s disappointment.

He’s caught rolling onto the ground again and he audibly laughs at himself as he hits the ground with a huff. Ivory hues looking over to the male with a smirk on his lips and allows is tongue to flick out over whiskers as he laughs once more. Accepting defeat, Santi rolls onto his back and splays is hind legs out and just lies there.

“You got me, cariño.” He huffs out defeated in a playful tone. “It seems I’m dead now.” He comments casually as he continues to lie there, glancing to the younger out of the corner of his eye.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Santiago splays out comically on the dirt and Clarence lets out a genuine, breathless laugh, panting. He needed to do this more often - that had been a lot of fun, he realized. Sparring could be fun, as long as he didn't feel like he was in danger at all. And he trusted Santiago, very much, he realized.

The boy steps forward and crouches in front of the man, a smile on his maw. "And now I will allow you to come back to life," he announced haughtily, placing a paw on the top of Santiago's head. He smirked then, oddly mirroring Santiago's own that he often used. "Don't think I'd be very happy if you ended up dead. So you're not allowed to die."
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Santi loves the breathy laugh that escaped the white muzzle, he loves the joy filled eyes that look back to him. Oh, Santi could be in trouble. He watches intently as the other crouches before him. The confident, almost teasing tone the other used is foreign to Santi’s ears in regards to the younger wolf and decides he likes that too.

“Oh, I’m so grateful.” He spouts, a smile on his maw as well. Then a paw touches the top of head and Santi chuckles again. “Aww, you do care. I’ll keep that in mind.” He teases to the other even though it’s obvious that the other did care about him in the first place.

Rolling over fast enough to probably surprise the other, Santi swiftly does a takedown on the smaller wolf. Settling himself securely atop him, caging the piebald wolf in with his arms. He gazes down with half lidded eyes and leans down to Clarence’s ear. His breath blows slightly against the hair of his ear and face. “Allow me to express my gratitude.” He rumbles lowly, his accent smooth as silk and his tone suggestive.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
eee warning for mildly suggestive material in this post i guess? 

Clarence was doing better. Developing into himself and becoming more comfortable. It felt... empowering. It made him feel good to realize that he was strong and he could be happy regardless of what his past was like. Maybe he wasn't doomed to be a horrible creature forever.

Santiago flipped him over quickly and Clarence yelped in surprise, red eyes round as they looked up at the man. Even if Clarence didn't quite know himself what Santiago meant, his hormone-riddled body certainly had an idea. His tail tucked slowly and he squirmed a bit, wondering why everything felt so... hot all of a sudden. This was more than the tingles and butterflies he'd felt from before, mostly centered lower in his abdomen.

"How?" he asked quietly, tone unsure, but definitely trusting as he looked up at the older wolf. The smell of fire and rain filled his senses and reminded him of freedom.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Hahah I suppose so! Lol I’m not taking it too far though. ;)

Santi grins horribly, he loves teasing the boy. Loves how embarrassed and squirmy he gets. He might just be addicted to it. Clarence replies with a simple How? and Santi contemplates messing with him further. Of course he has to.

“By hunting for you.” He says enthusiastically and winks, knowing exactly what he just did. “But only after a nap.” He states casually before allowing the fullness of his weight to lie atop the other. Practically going limp and lying down on him, their bodies completely pressed together, and Santi lets out a faux yawn and sighs. “Goodnight, cariño. See you en la mañana.” He jokes to the other.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence let out a less-than-dignified squeak when Santiago dropped his entire body atop the boy's own - and in this situation, with how... bothered Clarence currently was, he was just lucky that he wasn't a human being. Is that a phone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

The boy pressed his ears back and growled, trying to squirm out from under the man. "I-I'm not gonna sleep under you!" he gasped, trying to get a deeper breath. It wasn't working. "You're heavy!"
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Santi peeks an eye open to peer at him, his smile still shows on his muzzle. “Fine, I will take pity on you, Clarence.” He comments idly, as if he is making a life or death decision. Rolling off the other and onto his side next to Clarence. Getting back to his feet, he gazes down to the other. “You okay, cariño? I haven’t killed you have I?” He asks sweetly to him.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence felt like he was on fire, scrambling to a shis feet as soon as Santiago let him up. He shook the dirt off his white fur, frowning petulantly up at the man. "You're heavy," he complained, very much pouting.

"Can I ask you a question?" he then asked, surprising himself.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Laughing at the others pouty face and mild complain at how heavy he is, Santi rolls his porcelain eyes jokingly. Then suddenly the smaller pops a question. “Why not, cariño?” He says casually and flops his bottom onto the ground in a sitting position.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence cleared his throat and started to pace around a little, finding it difficult to stand still. Too much restless energy. "Can I ask what Serem wanted to talk to you about?" he asked, pointedly avoiding eye contact with the man.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
He watches the anxiety radiate off of the other as his body twitches and wonders restlessly. Santi doesn’t make fun of him any longer, knowing the male is trying to have a serious conversation. How odd he asks about what Serem had talked to him about earlier. “We spoke about my rank. She promoted me to Consort.” His face is happily neutral, no taunting grin, or threatening smirk, just his regular resting face.

His goofy self has half a mind to lower himself down into Clarence’s point of view to make eye contact with him. Though judging by his aura, the male wouldn’t take it too lightly. He’s definitely nervous about something.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence paused - a promotion. That was a good thing, right? But he was unfamiliar with the word itself, and he tilted his head to the side. This pack was filled with weird ranks.

"What's a Consort?" he asked the man, genuinely appreciating the fact that he seemed to actually be taking him seriously.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
“The Consort is a tier one rank under both the Warlord and the General. I’m basically just as assistant to Serem but my opinion only means so much.” He explains in the simplest way he could as he looks down upon the other. “Why do you ask? Everything okay?” The questions are said gently, as to not startle the other. Santi is merely curious where the other is going with this, or is simply just curious himself.