Sunbeam Lair Echo Chamber
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
All Welcome 
- ☾ -
 ̄ ̄ ̄
Having a healthy amount of curiosity wasn’t bad … but everyone knows that old saying. Curiosity killed the Wolf. Mountainous areas weren’t Aliana forfeit, her wide paws would take up too much space for her to perform any finessing through narrow rocky paths so she wasn’t planning on doing any climbing. 

For now, she lurked through the spacious caverns of Sunbeam Lair with wary slow steps, taking a sniff every few steps. Naturally, if this was claimed land, she would have smelt it and she’d already been headed off and confronted. Scents were faint, coming and going but never persistent. Wolves been through here but only in passing. Good. 

As she sauntered through the caves, Aliana could hear the faint click of her claws on the stone, bouncing off the walls, echoing down the tunnel.
Huh… 

… Hello …? Aliana could hear the anxious uncertainty in her voice echoing back to her, sounding like it was running down the tunnel while it got fainter and fainter. She had never heard something like this before and in that moment, a child-like wonder sparked in her. A slight smile curled on the corner of her muzzle.  

… Hello! The voice bounced back louder than before. A brass-necked idea sparked in her head and before she even thought it through, she lets out a hearty bark that was a bit louder than she was comfortable with. Aliana sucked in her breath while the bark echoed back to her and down the tunnels noisily before everything fell silent. 

Aliana waited for a moment like the cave was gonna crash down on her before letting out a sigh. Best to keep quiet for now - Don't know if there's any ...unsavory company nearby… She kept moving once she sated her curiosity, she’ll shuffle back out into the Valley.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric lingered im and around the den for the past few days. Curiosity was the cause. This was the place where a boy with an intersection story crossed paths with him. Who else would follow the trail?

A woman’s voice bounced along the cave’s wall. Quiet at first, but then it grew louder and more confident. He had to investigate.

Quite the voice you have. Cenric appeared from the foliage minutes after the bark. I’d expect no less from a strong looking woman like yourself.

Burly. Tall. She looked like she’d fit right in with the Déorwine soldiers. For a moment he believed she was one of them, but he’d never mistake a stranger for family.
closed for threads
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aliana stopped in her tracks, the moment she undoubtedly heard another voice. Her head shifted to face the cinnamon brown wolf that stepped out of the foliage. With his words, she couldn’t resist but put a slight smile on her muzzle. He seemed courteous enough but it was those ones, the ones who `seem nice` that were the dangerous ones. Hiding ill will behind smiles and charisma, at least the ones that are blatant about it that mean harm, show it. She wasn't a fool.

But she wasn’t about to be rude either; keep a distance, be courteous, and have an eye out, Heh, hope I didn’t wake you up from a nap. She chuckled casually, I smelt that this is neutral territory and decided to explore. I’ve only seen these mountains from a distance... ever since my travel to the Valley.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His compliment put a smile on her face. Cenric could be very charismatic when he needed to be. The woman of Kingslend would constantly comment about it.

It wouldn’t be wise to nap out in the open like this, even if these are neutral grounds. The wolves I’ve met in these mountains have been friendly thus far, but I wouldn’t want to push my luck.

Cenric smiled back at her. The valley? I have yet to see it. He trusted this woman more than anyone he’s come across, though not by much. Still, he felt comfortable enough to rest on his haunches. What shall I call you?
closed for threads