Sun Mote Copse slow dancer, no answer
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
It was an answer, to the first bit, at least that he wasn't a bother--which good, though he still didn't feel that sense of it. Hearing otherwise did little to soothe the matter for him. But, the rest.. though he heard him plain as day, it never seemed to pin down with anything clearer than a muddy puddle that had maybe just begun to settle. Maybe, if he was being generous.

Jarilo had come to piece it together for himself, to see for himself, finally, so he might know what to make of this moving forward. It was his nature to think it, and then overthink it, right down into the dirt and beyond of course. Arcturus telling him not to think too much on it only warranted a little chuff of an almost-laugh. It was a touch too late for that, but going on, he hoped to end some of his uncertainties with this. I hope you can at least understand where I come from with this, he added lightly then, still the faintest touch of that humor on his voice. How could he simply turn blindly away, and let it be, without having to look it right in the eyes first?

However, just as he had suspected: he was here, and they were there. That was all it was. He hadn't come to convince him otherwise--he knew better than to get his hopes up like that, or suspect that anything would ever be like it was. Hydra had paired his own personal wonder with a task, and rightfully enough, he couldn't quite extend the offer she had given him in good faith--for he couldn't answer with any certainty if his brother still did not want her dead. Maybe not with the same vehemence of that day, but for her, and her cubs, and even for Arcturus too, he kept that one to himself now. Maybe in time, as his brother said, that would fade. Only time would tell. So it is what it is. Already that's more than I had before, and.. I feel a bit better knowing your view on it, though, he provided.

What's it like here, anyway? I used to know Clover here, but I don't think she is around anymore.. though her family might be. She said most of it was her family, all moons back, he added to turn the subject towards something potentially friendlier, and giving a piece of what he already had first to hopefully guide this, break the ice somewhere new, maybe. If this was Arcturus' place now, then surely he could speak on the notion without harm.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
slow dancer, no answer - by Jarilo - May 06, 2020, 02:53 PM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Arcturus - May 07, 2020, 10:57 AM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Jarilo - May 11, 2020, 11:33 PM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Arcturus - May 12, 2020, 10:35 AM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Jarilo - May 17, 2020, 10:57 PM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Arcturus - May 19, 2020, 10:19 AM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Jarilo - May 25, 2020, 01:54 AM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Arcturus - May 27, 2020, 11:20 AM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Jarilo - June 12, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: slow dancer, no answer - by Arcturus - June 14, 2020, 05:15 PM